X

My 2000 GSX600F Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2000 GSX600F Build

I purchased this bike early last year, as I started looking at it things just started coming off. Pretty much this bike went through some rough times and me being new and knowing nothing about Katanas, I thought crap this is getting worse and worse the further I go into it. I will post pictures of my project and WELCOME any and all opinions, good or bad. I know that when I gave up $1600.00 for it and then seeing other bikes that have better "Prase" I thought.... I really messed up but, on a good note, I took it in stride and tore that thing down to everything but engine and forks. I have replaced almost everything from nut's & bolts to bearings, ect. I have a nice garage and everything I need and I needed a project. well... I sure made this into one... so here I go. obviously taking it slow but slow is good and keeps me busy...
    So any help would be appreciated if you see something I need to either replace or take off.
    So Thanks Scott

How do I post pictures on here ???
    Last edited by ScottsProject; 01-02-2016, 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good luck!
    I got my 03' 600 for $700 bucks and its a mess of issues.

Comment

Upload photos to a hosting site like photo bucket, then copy/paste the link they provide.

Odds are the forks could use a rebuild or at least a fluid change if the rest of the bike was that bad. I would recommend changing the springs for ones that are correct for your weight, makes a huge difference in handling. Don't have to, but you'd be surprised how much difference it makes.

Engine could probably use a valve clearance check/adjustment too.

Also if you haven't already, bleed the brakes. Brake fluid should be clear.

Welcome aboard, good luck with the project!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
      X