X

my 93 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 93 gsx600f

hi i"m new on here and just wanted to know if anyone could help me with my bike .i just bought my 93 gsx600f and the guy said it was stuck in high gear ,it runs but it won't go when you let out on the clutch.i 'v tried to look up things for it on the net but have had no luck if anyone could help me that would be grateful

Welcome to KR you'll find every thing you need Riiiight here!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Broken clutch cable?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome, I assume you have the clutch lever pulled in went it's running?
        Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

yes ,and when i let out it starts to and if you give it some gas it will go but very slow,theguy that i bought it from said he was riding it when it lock in high gear.there is no shift lever on it and it looks like he was beating on it at some point to get it out of gear.thats all i know at this point,like i said i just bought it last week.and havn't had time do anything to it just trying to get some starting point to getting it fixed.

Comment

I'd say step one is to replace the shift lever and see if it shifts. Maybe by "stuck in high gear" he meant "broke shifter somehow while in high gear and didn't care enough to replace it".
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

i'll try that thanks

Comment

If it is stuck and he was stomping on it you can bet you will have bent shifting forks or maybe even the shifting shaft itself.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

+1 on the bent shift forks. Can we get some pics when u get the time to see the damage?

Comment

Working...
                  X