X

Blown motor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link.

Its the same transmission too if it comes with it too right? 6 gears?

I think what I'm going todo is pick up a 01 Katana 600 with 19,000km on it for $3200CND maybe next week and then either buy that Bandit engine or find a better deal on one, swap it, and sell it. I bought my 98 Katana 600 for $800, put only $100 into it (new throttle cables)

Comment

bro y where u at 10k rpms did u forget to let of the gas when u shifted
      well man i wish u luck getting a new engine

Comment

Am I able to remove the engine with just the side stand? The Haynes book says to put it on the centre stand but I don't have one of those

Comment

I imagine the center stand recommendation is for stability
          "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

If you have rafters, you can support the bike from above using ratchet straps. You definitely don't want to drop the engine with the bike only on the sidestand, as the engine-cradle is the same metal piece as what the side-stand mounts to!!!

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks.

Looks like I will have to remove the centre stand from my new bike and put it on this one.. Or look for some stands that don't cost a fortune

Comment

One normal auto jackstand under each side of the swingarm will work. At least, that's the only way I've ever done it. That picture is really impressive though! Expensive, but impressive.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

well thanks for all the tips. Managed to get the engine out today- now one day I will buy a replacement engine.

Comment

Originally posted by acidice333 View Post
                    well thanks for all the tips. Managed to get the engine out today- now one day I will buy a replacement engine.

I would put that as the centerpiece on my dining room table. Maybe clean it up a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by acidice333 View Post
                      What's the plans for the old motor?

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Probably part out what is left of the old motor.. recover some of the loss in getting a new motor.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        What's the plans for the old motor?

Krey

Comment

So you ever figure out what caused this motor to throw a rod? Was the oil pickup screen clogged?

Comment

well you can part it out someone can use the head if its not bad ,clutch transmission rotor ect...

Comment

time for a bandit 1200......

Comment

Working...
                              X