KOTM Nov 2008 Joe Dahero

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets

Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Default Just wanna confirm...

I'll be ordering a chain and sprocket setup in the next day or so. It will go with my swingarm mod that shortened it by 3/4", and I wanna make sure I'm doing my math right.

93 750 stock size is 15/47 with 118 chain. I'll be changing over to a 520 setup (because I want blue links dangit!), and 15/50 tooth config.

So.. 118 + 3 tooths = 121 links, -3/4" wheelbase... so -2 links = 119 links, rounded up (chain links in pairs) to 120 as the final size?

Did I do that right?

I'm sure I can find a chain breaker if needed, but I'd rather just order the right size.

Krey

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
GregS
Track Rider

2 links should equal 1 1/4 inches on a 500 series chain. That would be 3/4 inches of axle travel.
Add 3 teeth to the sprocket and yes it looks like your math is correct.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
DanielR.Bedard
Skid Mark

Question

Can anyone on here suggest to me where I can get a new 520 15/52 chain and sprocket combo for a decent price
Old 04-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR.Bedard View Post
Can anyone on here suggest to me where I can get a new 520 15/52 chain and sprocket combo for a decent price
vortex sprockets was the only place I could find a 520 sprocket for the Katana that had 50+ teeth available for the rear. Other places carried higher teeth counts in 530, but not a 520.

Sumofallparts.net is where I got my set. It was right about $160 US for RK X-ring chain, front steel sprocket, rear aluminum sprocket.

Krey
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
DanielR.Bedard
Skid Mark

Thanks for the website Kreylyn, I sent them a message to see if they can help me out with what I want in size and color. Prices are not that bad either for being in US dollars.
DanielR.Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets