X

Restore/Rebuild - My First Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore/Rebuild - My First Kat

Here is my first Katana the way she currently sits.

Excuse the dust, a monsoon just rolled through haha.

I've gone through a number of bikes since then, but I haven't had the heart to get rid of this one. That being the case, I've decided it's finally time to do what I've been putting off -- fixing all of the previous owner's mistakes, and a few of my own "oops" moments.

The fairings are currently sitting in my garage while I figure out how to repair a bunch of rash from the previous owner's multiple get-offs.

My plan currently is to go through everything mechanically and verify it's condition, clean up all of the hard parts, cases, covers, etc. before starting in on bodywork & paint. There's a fair chance I will end up with a lot of polished aluminum and chrome rather than the satin metal finishes provided by the factory.

As for paint, I'm looking closely at HOK Platinum Pearl, pictured below:

Here's the full list of plans I have for my Kat:
    • SS Braided brake lines front/rear.
    • Polish or Paint calipers silver
    • Flush & Bleed brake system.
    • Polish out engine covers, brackets, etc. where applicable.

• Full exhaust system, potentially a Delkevic Stainless Steel Header with a Two Bros M-2 Slipon
    • Ivan's Jet Kit
    • Holeshot +5Ž° timing advancer

• Undertail
    • Integrated Tail Light
    • Corbin Gunfighter Seat
    • HID Headlights
    • Frame Sliders
    • Polished Billet Footpegs
    • Driven Racing D-3 Grips

Paint, Decals, & Clear.
    Last edited by Phantom552; 07-25-2016, 09:41 PM.

hey bro i like the plans for the kat and i actually really like the way it looks now...i dnt know how you feel about it and its alil pricey but did you ever think of led projection for the headlights..just did it to mine and its amazing...

Comment

I would leave off the ss line for the rear and exhaust but that's MHO.lets us see the project as it goes.we all like pics.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
        I would leave off the ss line for the rear and exhaust but that's MHO.lets us see the project as it goes.we all like pics.
        Yeah, pretty much the only reason I decided to run SS on the rear was because it was cheap lol, the actual benefits will be negligible. Hoping to start going through everything in the morning.

Comment

Working...
        X