Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel

does anyone know where i can find a wider rear wheel for my 06 katana 600

Ebay...

but you will probably have to do some mods to make them fit.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

will a gsxr rim be about the best thing or is there something else closer

Comment

Originally posted by mscustomkat2431 View Post
        will a gsxr rim be about the best thing or is there something else closer
        To be honest, any wheel you want to use (other than a Kat wheel make for the year of your bike) is going to need to be modified... If you don't want to switch out the front wheel to match, then your probably looking at sticking with a suzuki rear.

Pick one that matches your front spoke style, but has the wider wheel. Bandits, SVs, GSXR, Busa.. so on.

Now, be aware... you may have to change the bearings, brake arm, spacers, possibly modify the swingarm to accept the larger wheel, and that isn't even getting started with what you will need to do to the bike subframe, rear pegs, exhaust, and so on to get a wider tire to fit.

See this thread for an example of just the swingarm mod (this is for a pre)

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks do u know what would be the best tire size 170/60 on the 4.5 wheel

Comment

Originally posted by mscustomkat2431 View Post
            Thanks do u know what would be the best tire size 170/60 on the 4.5 wheel
            Read this...

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

You should know this information before choosing to make any changes to your rear tire size.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
            X