X

need reviews on a 160 rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need reviews on a 160 rear tire

Any of you guys/gals running a 160/60 rear tire? I need a new tire and was thinking about going one tire size up. I'm thinking that the only good thing about going up a tire size is that it looks good.

i have a bridgestone battlax bt109 160/60 in the rear and a 120/60 in the front. haven't mounted them yet but they look good leaning against the pool table

Let the flaming begin!!
    "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Never mind. I found my answer to the tire size question at motorcycleanchor.com. That website is the bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehead View Post
        Any of you guys/gals running a 160/60 rear tire? I need a new tire and was thinking about going one tire size up. I'm thinking that the only good thing about going up a tire size is that it looks good.

You pretty much answered your question.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehead View Post
          I prefer the 150/70 myself, but that's a personal choice I suppose.

Originally posted by 64dumptruck View Post
          i have a bridgestone battlax bt109 160/60 in the rear and a 120/60 in the front. haven't mounted them yet but they look good leaning against the pool table

Let the flaming begin!!
          Stock tires on the Bandit were battlax's, and I went through two rears before I put the Z6's on. I would not buy another battlax.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            I would not buy another battlax.
            +1
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I like the Michelin Pilot Roads for up to moderately aggressive riding. They are great in the wet, last pretty well and sticky enough to rail down to the edge of the tire.

I love Pilot Powers. I have a modified suspension that allows for a steeper lean angle and I am yet to feel them give way...even when dragging pegs. The profile of these tires give them a quick turn-in and then once you're leaned over, you have more rubber on the road than you need. Love love love.

In my experience, having a 160/60 doesn't adversely affect the handling enough to keep the bike from dragging hard parts with ease.

Comment

good ol Shinkos for me
                2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

I put a 160 on the kat last time around, but visually very little difference, handling, I think I can tell the weight difference, but I would guess that is just in my head. If it hadn't been less than a buck between a 150 and a 160, then I would have stuck with the 150.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
                    I love Pilot Powers.
                    My last set of tires were also Pilot Powers and I agree with you on loving those tires.

I believe they start at 160 anyways because I was going to post that my 160 Pilot Powers had no mounting issues.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I have no complaints on upgrading to the 160 rear. I did a trackday in September with the 160, had no problems dragging knees and toe sliders all day. I think it inspired a bit of confidence for me...I really rode the crap outta the kat that day!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Metzeler M3s 160/60 Here
                        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

well...i replaced my rear tire with a Pirelli Diablo 160/60ZR17. Overall, it looks no bigger than a 150, and I'm not aggressive enough of a rider to notice a performance difference. So I guess the only real benefit that i can see is that I can now say the I have Pirelli Diablo tires with a 160 rear

Comment

The stock battlax BT020 leave a lot to be desired, but don't rule out the bridgestone battlax line. These are just the cheapest OE tires.
                            There are many different tires that are FAR better then the stock 020's
                            The BT 021 is an awesome upgrade and test/comparisons put it up there with the Z6's, and conti road attaks.
                            I'm currently running the Michelin pilot Activ's and they are the worst tire I have ever used

I do not recommend a 60 series tire up front though, for me it made the ride unpleasent. inorder to get any comfort i had to soften the settings, and thats running progressive springs too. 120/70 is a lot smoother riding.
                            Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                            X