X

2002 wheel on a 2004.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 wheel on a 2004.

So i finally got my forks in and put em on. I ordered my "04" rim on ebay for with rotors and tire for 68bux!!! Come to find out the idiot who posted it didn't know that it was a '02. So i have a rim that doesn't have the right size bearings to fit a 17mm axle the bearing size is a off by 2mm in diameter and the spacers are a wash since the hub is too small. Anybody have some tips on how to resolve this besides reselling it on ebay and buyin a new one. I thought about shimming my old '04 bearing with a 1mm strip of metal into the '02 hub and finding a why to space it properly. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

What exactly do you have, and what are you trying to install?

Do you have an 04 bike, and bought a mislabled 02 wheel? If so, you are S.O.L., the wheel for an 04 (03-06) is wider at the hub than the 98-02, and has flat rotors as opposed to dished rotors on the 98-02.

Sorry, but I don't think there is an easy solution for you on this one. It's more work to make the wrong wheel fit than to just sell the one you have and buy another one.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'd recomend replacing with stock... but if that is not an option...

Get new bearings of the right size, make new spacers to make up the difference for the smaller hub, and space your calipers as needed. (this will be a bit of work)

You could sleave the bearings/axle to make up the difference, but the amount of time/work/$ to do so is about the same as a set of bearings unless you have someone to do it for free.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You may be in luck!!

I did the exact thing but the other way around (see thread, http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=92813) . I bought a new set of rims off an '05 for my '99 and did not realize the front rim would not fit. So I have a black '03-'06 front rim that I can't use and have to either resell or trade. If the rim you have is black, then I'll straight trade ya (shipping expenses to be paid by both parties). The rim I have has both rotors. I can snap some pictures if you'd like.
        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Working...
        X