X

New gloves...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gloves...

Hey all. Just got a set of Knox Handroid pod gloves this morning. So far, they feel ok. Pretty stiff out of the box, but after a couple miles, they are breaking in already. No pre curve whatsoever in the glove, but its a small thing to complain about.
    Sizing is on par with Alpine Stars gloves. The boa system on the cuff is extremely easy to use. The shipping was POP and snap fast. Ordered them yesterday morning. Had them in 24 hours, no extra charge.
    Will update further after today.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

I'm curious to hear your opinions on them. I was looking at new gloves (albeit not in that price range), and saw those at the store, tried them on, and they felt nice.

I'm thinking that they may be worth getting if they help keep the vibration-derived hand numbness down, and vent the air well.

2006 Katana 750
    2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
    2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Definitely my next glove purchase.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Gloves are forming to my hands well. Not a ton of air flow, but enough that you can feel it above 25 mph. Vibration effect is nil, due to the SPS (Scaphiod Protection System) inserts. The palms are very soft, and reaching/feeling controls is very easy. The cuff retains a bit of extra heat, but with the cuff left a little loose, plenty of air flow. The "tunnel" system on top of the knuckles allows noticable air flow, also. All in all, gloves are good so far.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

I'm getting ready to send back my second pair of the regular Handroids. They just don't fit my hands at all. If you have thin hands, they probably fit great, but if you have paws like I do, then they don't even come close to being a good fit.

I started with the XL, because by every other glove I've worn, I'm an 11. I couldn't even get my hand in the gloves. Traded for a XXL, I can get my hands in, but they're still do tight, I can't squeeze a handlebar without feeling like a seam is going to explode, and the fingers are half an inch too long. These guys are going back. I'm going with the Held Phantom or Titan, I know they fit just fine in an 11, and I don't believe they are made in China.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Let's see the gloves... take a pic.
            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Update on my gloves. I had the BOA cuff removed entirely and finished by a seamstress, to make it a shorty MX style glove. I just got irritated by having the cuff there all the time.

Hands down, the best glove I've ever owned.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

you can buy then short or long with the boa cuff.

where did you buy yours from?
                I know GP bikes in Toronto carries them but $250 is too much for gloves.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Sportbiketrackgear.com is where mine came from. They were the Handroid Pod model. Smaller BOA cuff, but even then, still more than I liked. Will post a pic later today, of my modded gloves.

They were $225 where I got them.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

that Sportbiketrackgear.com is way overpriced.
                    thats canadian prices...

local shops have the Icon Contra jacket for $195
                    GP bikes have the Knox gloves for the same price
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                    X