X

Went ahead with the D&D...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went ahead with the D&D...

Broke down and bought the D&D pipe, you guys said it was loud, hope you're right. Now I gotta get the jet kit, clean up the header welds, and install the flux capacitor and I'll be all set. Just wait till this baby hits 88 mph...
    Agem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a man be perfected without trials.

1998 Katana 750 "Katch me"

I am going to miss my D & D. theusualsuspect came by today to hear it before I boxed it up and he was in love with it. That thing has such a loud growl. I wanted a carbon fiber and was originally going to just grab a carbon D & D until I came across the scorpion carbon fiber for only $240.00 brand spanking new. I cold not pass it up. Waiting for the connector gasket to put it on. Mine is too crushed to have a tight seal. I hope this thing sounds good!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Re: Went ahead with the D&D...

Originally posted by rnmdad
      Broke down and bought the D&D pipe, you guys said it was loud, hope you're right.
      Are you frikkin SERIOUS ? The only thing louder is open pipes .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I wont to the sport rider site (I think) that was linked from one of the posts here, there seemed to be such small differences in the sound from pipe to pipe. Didn't seem like the D&D was much louder at all than the others. The leo vince had a nice tone though. I love the sound of the D&D at idle. I know it'll sound different on my bike, but it was still cool.
        Agem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a man be perfected without trials.

Comment

i have a black satin d&d and i like it.not love it but like it.all boils down to a matter of taste

Comment

After all the griping I hear about D&D pipes and how loud they are, I have to say that the one on two tone's kat wasn't that bad at all. And I rode behind it for almost 10 hours. Now Bradda Jim's.....well yea, that one was loud. It has alot to do with the actual pipe and bike combo. I thought Jims was just obnoxous (sorry Jim ) but actually liked the sound of Scott's (not as much as a Hindle though).

Edit: Ck, Can you replace the link in your signature to this one (same link). It just shortens it so nobody has to side scroll. just copy and paste but remove the 1 after the [ and replace "click here" with whatever text you want.
            [1url=http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=UBFn9Pkcj6A&eurl=http%3A//www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D386554&iurl=http%3A//sjc-static7.sjc.youtube.com/vi/UBFn9Pkcj6A/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskIcGZl5v9t0rQJe37SbiqCM]Click here[/url]

Comment

I'm just glad I'll be able to hear the exhaust over the engine now. Kind of needs to be louder than stock, quiet just ain't right.

Comment

I bought the D&D from Soldier, just waiting to receive it (anxious) like a kid before Xmas night.Hope I can get it before Friday so I can "test it " on the weekend.
                Watch for your Guardian Angel
                750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Yeah, have fun with that. I got 4-6 weeks before I can ride. Fuckin hate New England.

Comment

I bought a full D&D exhaust system do you think ill have to get it rejetted? Aslo does the D&D exhaust sound loud b/c thats what i want?

Comment

Yes you will have to rejet and yes it is loud. Go listen to my sound clip of my bike. I never put it above 7000 rpm.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by rnmdad
                        I wont to the sport rider site (I think) that was linked from one of the posts here, there seemed to be such small differences in the sound from pipe to pipe. Didn't seem like the D&D was much louder at all than the others. The leo vince had a nice tone though. I love the sound of the D&D at idle. I know it'll sound different on my bike, but it was still cool.
                        Recordings, especially on the web, are a very poor way to judge how a pipe really sounds, especially with reguard to volume. There are too many variables in the recording process to accurately compare one pipe to the next.
                        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I can rejet it with the stock carbs right. ANd can i hear your exhasut

Comment

i can rejett with my stock carbs right. and how do i listen to your exhaust

Comment

LocoKat you wont be dissapointed with that pipe pristene cond. and sounded amazing im ordering mine this weekend

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                              Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                              Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X