X

Pre lowering link setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre lowering link setup

Yep. The wait is over. Just got this in the mail today from Ne-oublie. I'll let him provide the specifics, but here's a pic to get things going.

Very nice. I assume that grind is to clear the shock? Also, is that a lowering link for a stock shock, or a longer Bandit/GSXR shock? And Price

I think I answered my own question, if that grind is to clear the shock, you have a longer aftermarket shock in there.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
      Very nice. I assume that grind is to clear the shock? Also, is that a lowering link for a stock shock, or a longer Bandit/GSXR shock? And Price

I think I answered my own question, if that grind is to clear the shock, you have a longer aftermarket shock in there.
      The grind on the knuckle is to clear the B12 shock. The lowering link will allow the Pre Kat's rear suspension to be lowered the same way 98+ Kats have been able to be lowered using lowering links. It should work with any shock.
      Last edited by wcj; 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Let me rephrase my question Do these particular links take it back to stock hieght or lower than stock hieght, with a B12 shock? I'll stop asking questions till Ne-oublie chimes in

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

looks like next years project for me
          Chrome Project Part 1
          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

excellent, something I have thought about a year ago. glad to see that neoblie can now help out pre98 owners. as chris has said on here, you might be able to use the post98 lower knuckle, so the spacers there would not be needed.

this really opens up possibilities for pre98 kat owners as they can use other shocks from other bikes and keep their stock height.

now the key to that set up is that the links where they join the swingarm still makes the stock hook? got some pictures of just the links?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The links should lower the Kat about 1.5" from the current height. In my case, since the B12 shock raised it about 1.5-2", so this should take me back to about stock, but on a stock height Kat, it should lower it about 1.5".

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
              excellent, something I have thought about a year ago. glad to see that neoblie can now help out pre98 owners. as chris has said on here, you might be able to use the post98 lower knuckle, so the spacers there would not be needed.

this really opens up possibilities for pre98 kat owners as they can use other shocks from other bikes and keep their stock height.

now the key to that set up is that the links where they join the swingarm still makes the stock hook? got some pictures of just the links?
              The 98+ knuckle uses a 14mm bolt at the dogbones and the Pre's use a 12mm bolt. Ne-oublie wanted to make something that was bolt on for all pre Kats so we went with the spacers. That way people didnt have to hunt for a 98+ knuckle.

Yes, the bolt hole for the swingarm is offset like the stock dogbones. Ive got a 1 mo old sleeping on my chest otherwise, Id take a pic.

Comment

Had a chance to loosely bolt thing up.

*attached pics*

Doesnt look to have any interference with the shock or swingarm.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by wcj; 04-26-2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: Edit: No center-stand interference is experienced with a stock Kat shock.

Comment

me like. i want some asap!!!!
                  96 neon turbo intercooled nitrous injected
                  94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

excellent!!!

I want some too asap

Comment

It was mentioned that some people were not using the stock bushing on the swingarm end. It is VERY IMPORTANT to slide the stock bushing into the link/spacers on the swingarm end. The bushing is what you torque to and allows the links to pivot. If you do not use the bushing and torque to the links, you will cause the suspension to bind as well as have 5mm of slop in the suspension.

Comment

Working...
                      X