Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, the obvious answer is..... Sure, I would trade. I would then sell it and build my bike over again. But if the conditions were that I would have to keep it and ride it...... then no. I'm too fond of the old oil-coolers. Now, would I trade my bike for a mint 89 GSXR750? F**K YES I WOULD!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I would like to take a new 650 for a ride to compare the bikes.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

I was abel to test is last weekend, I found it a fun(ny) bike. It rides like a naked bike (bandit) with more wind protection, but less thens the last gen of kats. It is very stable in cornering.
        At 11000rpm I didn't had any sensation of the 650, so I find it a good bike te start/learn with and even have fun with for your first 2 or 3 years as biker. (I'm used to the 750)
        But I don't find it serious enough to do big roadtrips with it. You don't have enough torque and they tried to have a trendy dash but should have done beter (you don't have any clock).
        Last edited by Beemer; 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

i wouldnt trade my 750 katana for a little 650. im allready looking for more power. if the trade was for a 1200 bandit then deal. i really wish the gsxf didnt get ripped with a 650 motor and gsxr wannabee looks its just sad.

Comment

not trade for me either. I have become very fond of my kat.
            01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.
            Repaint this winter, along with some other stuff

Comment

nope dont like the looks of the new gsf650.
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                i wouldnt trade my 750 katana for a little 650. im allready looking for more power. if the trade was for a 1200 bandit then deal. i really wish the gsxf didnt get ripped with a 650 motor and gsxr wannabee looks its just sad.
                I wouldn't minde swaping the engine of a bandit1200 with mine 750 for more torque

Comment

No, I think the GSX650 is too heavy and would rather trade up to a ZZR1200 for touring or a Busa for the same or less weight. Just my opinion.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
                    For a couple of reasons, my ride may be an 06 but it only came out of the crate 6 months ago.

The second reason....look for yourselves: The major difference in appearance is the BIGGER can on the 650, nasty looking and a weak attempt to look like a GIXXER!

This is the GS500F
                    This is the new GSXF 650
                    sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

I would trade my kat in for it any day of the week. It is a much better looking bike, a lot smoother to ride and all around more modern/better made.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Now, would I trade my bike for a mint 89 GSXR750? F**K YES I WOULD!
                        Good luck finding a moron willing to do that!

Comment

Let's not forget the fake SRAD ports in the front, lol. Kind of like those mustang hood scoops that aren't really functional but come OEM.

Comment

I prefer the looks of my 89Kat750. The new gsxf's muffler looks hideous. Maybe they'll do some design changes next year. Personally, I hope they go back to making a 750....... keeping my fingers crossed.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Hell yes i would trade in a tea pot for the 650F.

Comment

I'd keep the Kat and then get a Busa or GSXR...
                                "...if you lead, they will follow"

Comment

Working...
                                X