Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
      I was told once that.....

G= Four cylinder
      S= Sport
      X= Experimental
      F= Faired

And the R in GSXR is for race.

Tok

The "X" stands for 4 valves per cylinder.
      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

That Bandit looks good, it looks more modern. When's it coming to the states, that's what I want to know. Here the Suzuki's global website for the Bandit.

It looks a lot better then the GT version.

We couldn't find the page your were looking for, it may have moved or no longer be available.

Why does the rear tire look so skinny? The Bandit has a 180 tire, but in the pic it looks like a Kat 150 tire.
        Last edited by squiggy; 09-14-2009, 06:50 PM.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post

Why does the rear tire look so skinny? The Bandit has a 180 tire, but in the pic it looks like a Kat 150 tire.
          Because it just wouldn't be a kat if people didn't constantly ask how to cram a 180 on it...... it'd just be no fun.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

or if you cant wait, or if they dont ship the bike to the states- go buy a bandit 1250 and the 650F's Plastics - they will bolt right on....
            Damn you suzuki- you stole my idea....

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              Because it just wouldn't be a kat if people didn't constantly ask how to cram a 180 on it...... it'd just be no fun.

Dude, reps.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Dang. I'd hit it. Haha.

I think that engine would be nice in my '91 750 frame after a few years too. Wait, is it oil cooled or water? It just says liquid cooled which could be either.

Comment

I Think i would seriously Sink Money into the 1250F before trying to wedge a B12 into a Kat Frame- i mean really - all the hard work is already done for us by Suzuki (plus the 180 Tire on the 1250 vs the 160 tire on the 650F)

All the Possible Mods that could be done are all right here, in one neat factory wrapped package.

On the note for Clip on's mention earlier- there is not enough clearance to properly mount a set of clip ons on the bike- simply going off the pics there is not enough room under the triple tree to get clearance needed. With the Bar Set up (and a nod to CP here) you can have aftermarket bars bent downwards to make a more aggressive control aspect.

I just pray it has the B1250's Split seat

Comment

Originally posted by pkt1213 View Post
                    I think that engine would be nice in my '91 750 frame after a few years too. Wait, is it oil cooled or water? It just says liquid cooled which could be either.
                    Well suzuki didn't change much to the old Bandit frame. The down tubes are supposed to be thicker, so it's posible the 1250 engine could mate to the Kat frame.

Comment

It's... cute...

Comment

I was down at the local stealership today to pick up some parts and mentioned this bike to a dealer there. He looked at me like I was crazy and continued to show me the Vmax he rode in. I guess the word takes a while to get around.

-Pack
                        "Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals." -Colman McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                          About time too, I would buy one and keep the Kat.
                          Would like to see more close up pics.

Tok

sigpic
                          -Cory-
                          1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Here's a YouTube video showing some of that Bandit. They're speaking Frenchy, though.

[YOUTUBE]OqBaWFzyL4s[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Thanks for the vid...

Bike looks great...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

now this is a much better replacment for the katana. its exactly what i had hoped for good job suzuki. i might just have to go to the dealership when this comes to the states.

Comment

Working...
                                X