X

How much is a Katana worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
    I'm in the same boat with the kat. I'd be better off getting a corbin seat , an bandit motor and a set of ebay fairings (financially) than buying a new(er) bike.

^Mainly because the only bike I would want is something fuel injected and shaft drive (or a 2002+ vfr).
    People actually want that? I thought that was something they did because they can.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
      I'm in the same boat with the kat. I'd be better off getting a corbin seat , an bandit motor and a set of ebay fairings (financially) than buying a new(er) bike.

^Mainly because the only bike I would want is something fuel injected and shaft drive (or a 2002+ vfr).
      Drove 400 miles to Eureka, CA on my kat 1100, then same trip on C14 the following year.
      On the Kat, when I got to the motel, I put the bike on the stand, searched a soft bag for a can of chain lube,spun the rear tire and sprayed chain lube on the chain.
      On the C14, wow, shaft drive! I merely put the helmet in the trunk and walked to brew pub to get my reward of 4 pints of ale.
      It is the little things that help you appreciate a modern bike.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
        On the C14, wow, shaft drive! I merely put the helmet in the trunk and walked to brew pub to get my reward of 4 pints of ale.
        It is the little things that help you appreciate a modern bike.
        i can agree with you that they are much better in terms of no real after ride maintenance but they do certainly have enough drawbacks for me not to get one.

1) reduce power to the wheel because of the 90 degree gearing
        2) most shaft drives I've rode (4-wheelers) lift the arse when you accelerate, were a chain drive squats (ride a honda rubicon and you'll know what i mean!)
        3) pain in the arse to change the rear tire
        4) if anything ever breaks they can be EXPENSIVE!

i'll stick to a bit of chain lube after a long ride IMHO
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
          i'll stick to a bit of chain lube after a long ride IMHO
          Yezzir.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
          X