• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR cam lobe lift duration.

cam lobe lift duration
    33.553-33.573

33.604-33.573

32.872-32.932

Wouldn't a longer lift duration be better?

I thought that the 89 was the best year to get cams.

With the above, wouldn't the 90 be the best?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
    cam lobe lift duration
    33.553-33.573

33.604-33.573

32.872-32.932

Wouldn't a longer lift duration be better?

I thought that the 89 was the best year to get cams.

With the above, wouldn't the 90 be the best?

Thoughts?
    That is lift, Duration is another thing all together and the book doesn't show duration. but based on specs the 89 would be the better cam.

Tmod

Comment

i believe the problem is the larger lift cam is on the exhaust side. So fear of losing low end. But no one has ever posted any results
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

depends a lot on the bore and T's right, lift and duration are two separate tings, I gotta change that.
        Last edited by arsenic; 01-25-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

So we're all agreed then that the '89 is the way to go for both intake and exhaust camshaft, if one were to put them in a post kat?

Comment

So we're all agreed then that the '89 is the way to go for both intake and exhaust camshaft, if one were to put them in a post kat?
            There is alot more to cam selection than just lift. We know the timing specs and what not for the 88 cam but I have not seen anything for the 89 or 90 cams.

Tmod

Comment

the IN for 88-89 are the same, the EX is different 88-89. Outta those 3, 1990 is by far the worst, why would you think that's the best?
              Last edited by arsenic; 01-25-2009, 02:44 AM.

Comment

no, we're certainly not agreeing on that. I did GSXR cams in a 98+ 600 head, and I used 1988. Reason being, those cams are meant for a 750, I did this on a 600. With the aggressive lobe height of the 1989 EX cam, I personally felt that would not provide back pressure and low end torque would suffer. I have nothing to back that up, that's my personal observations.

Comment

So what would you personally recommend for a post 750. Low end torque being paramount.

Comment

Personally I would recommend a R1 Raven 09, blacked out or a nice fat GSX-R1100, but the 750 is more than enough.

Hey.... You asked for a recommendation. Not me
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

for a 750, yeah I'd go 88-89 GSXR 750 IN and 89 GSXR 750 EX.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                        Personally I would recommend a R1 Raven 09, blacked out or a nice fat GSX-R1100, but the 750 is more than enough.

Hey.... You asked for a recommendation. Not me
                        Had a chat with the financial controller. Either a new bike or play around with the one I have. Decided I'm happy with the kat so will have some fun with it.

Started drawing up my wish list..........cams, airhorn, corbin, jets, b12 headers, nice exhaust, some colour bling.

It'll take a while to get the cash together but I've decided so I'll start planning. Hard when most of the fun stuff is located in the US. The exchange rate sucks atm. The prices are still better than Oz importers, but the postage is a killer for some items.

Anyway arsenic, cheers again. I'll start looking for some 89 gixxer cams.

Comment

So what would you personally recommend for a post 750. Low end torque being paramount.
                          You know you may end up losing some bottom end swapping cams correct?

Tmod

Comment

What would happen if you just change the intake cam I wonder ???? Me thinking this on a 600
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014
                            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                              What would happen if you just change the intake cam I wonder ???? Me thinking this on a 600
                              Cam profiles are meant to work with each other so if you just changed the Intake you might end up with a bottle neck trying to get the spent gases out. Also the timing of one cam will probably be different than the other so IMO it would never work correctly.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X