X

Hard to start won't stay runnning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to start won't stay runnning

'01 600 kat w/stage 1 jet kit, advancer and slip on exhaust. Ok, with that out of the way lets get to the meat of my troubles. My first ride which was about 50 to 70 miles. This ride was done without having my carbs synched (I know, I know bad me...) anyways, so my bike started surging...kinda like I was running out of gas but I had half a tank. Eventually my biked died. After pulling off the road and waiting a couple of minutes, she fired right up and I made it home. Feeling like it was because of the carbs not being synched I had then done. To make a very long story short, I've replaced the fuel line, fuel filter. Checked my carbs (taking them off the bike and going through them via the manuel looking for any thing out of place). Now it will only start with the choke engaged, and while I have the throttle partially open. As soon as I disengage the choke she dies.....I'm at my wits end. Can one of you expert problem solvers point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.....Later Bros...and gals

Sounds like maybe your petcock is not working properly, or you may have misadusted/dirty carbs. See if your problem goes away when you set the petcock to prime.

Comment

Working...
    X