Clear All

• Good CNN video about helmets...

Good CNN video about helmets...
    Hope the link works...

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
    Mesh Mod
    K&N Filters
    Chrome Decal Kit
    Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
    K&S black Bar Ends
    Sportech Chrome Windshield
    Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
    Clear flush signals (front)

Its a good vid with alot of good reasons to keep that helmet on every single time you ride. Thanks for posting it up.

Comment

Good video but no new news...at least with the crew we have here...helmets save lives...just my opinion...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Earl, that is a GREAT post, and I thank you for it.

We have this IDIOT here in Orlando named Shannon Burke, a radio talk show host on 104.1. It seems that on a daily basis, he is RAILING against helmet laws. He is one of those wanna be "intelligent" people that like to quote numbers, or at least his opinion on said numbers. His take on the the number of injuries on motorcycles is NOT that people are not wearing helmets, it is that more people are riding bikes, and therefore the injuries curve is shot because of the sheer numbers out there. He also says that riding with proper gear makes you look like a fool, or a sissy. It is beyond his thought process that maybe people would like to have just a little bit of an edge on survival when Grandma Mildred makes the dreaded "Left Turn of Death" in front of you. I am not saying that he is TOTALLY wrong: Because there are more bikers, there will be more injuries. That is just simple averages. But, as it has been proven time & time again, properly outfitted riders have a significant CHANCE of REDUCED injuries.

The sad thing is that people tend to listen to this guy. "He who speaks the loudest is correct", I guess...

Comment

We have even seen the smallest spills with no helmet can cause a lot of pain...for example you may survive and sustain no head injury from a crash but if you are the "So Cal rider" (shorts, tank top and flipflops) the rash is what really hurts...it's just common sense and those who don't will learn quickly enough when Darwinism kicks in...but with the twist...not necessarily the fitest survive but the ones with sense enough to protect themselves...I guess Shannon Burke also argues against the seat belt laws in many states...but that is a different debate...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

To be honest I am pro choice about wearing a helmet. Although I believe that wearing a helmet (and a seat belt) is just basic commons sense, I do see an infringement of personal rights and freedoms when governments tell you what to wear.

I think a wise compromise would be to offer HUGE insurance discounts for those who wear helmets. Granted somebody could just buy one and not wear it. But then, those crafty insurance agents could easily prove whether the helmet was worn at the time of an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by brownwa
              ...But then, those crafty insurance agents could easily prove whether the helmet was worn at the time of an accident.
              By simply looking at the MASSIVE damage done to your head.

Originally posted by brownwa
              I do see an infringement of personal rights and freedoms when governments tell you what to wear.
              It's not the fashion police, man.

Comment

hey all of you and others (Mr. Burke 104.1) have good points but this is what it comes down to, DO YOU CHOOSE TO WEAR YOUR HELMET or NOT thats up to the person or persons who choose to ride a motorcycle in a state with a no helmet law no matter what the numbers are or what we have to it say there will always be a group of riders( sportbike or harley) who don't like to ride with there lids no matter what. My best friend lost his wife to a motorcycle accident she was not wearing a lid and nither was he you think that would make him start wearing his NO!!! he just choose not too.
                Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
                Mesh Mod
                K&N Filters
                Chrome Decal Kit
                Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
                K&S black Bar Ends
                Sportech Chrome Windshield
                Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
                Clear flush signals (front)

Comment

Sufyan's signature says it best..

Wearing a helmet is not a civil rights issue..its a safety issue, period !

Comment

Working...
                  X