X

No spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark

Hope someone can help me please, the problem is that I have no sparks at the sparkplugs, checked the coils by swapping them with another set and still no spark. changed cdi, still no spark, checked fuses all ok. Is there anyone had similar problems, bike is a 1993 gsx600f.

i know if the battery is low on charge then there will a weakened spark just check all wiring connections are clean dry and no broken wires any where?

Comment

No spark!

Hey, My buddies has the same problem! We might have it figured out, there is one more part to try, i have to get back to you with the name on it again (think it's the signal generator). It's either that thing or i have no stinking clue. we have tried everything you have. He has a 93' 750.

I know that you have to take off the right side starter/clutch cover! its the smaller cover thats round on the bottom then comes to a point on the top! You need to trace your wiring, and unplug everything. if you get a new one of those you should be able to get your bike to spark.

It says in the manual, that if your not getting spark your coils are shot (vary unlikely), or you need spark plugs (unlikely), or cdi box (moderatly unlikely), and your last one would be the signal generator (different places call them different things but look it up in the manual thats what its called) * The manual says that if your not getting any spark, there is a short some where in the signal generator or in one of the Wires off the signal generator!

Its about a $100 used, or $200-$250 new. depends where you look. Good luck, let me know if that works for you. Email me if you need pictures of what it looks like

Comment

thanks

thanks for the quick reply, will take a look at the signal generator sometime this week after work.

Comment

Yup . I just replaced mine last weekend (or the previous ) . Book tells you how to test it .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

No spark, or no crank?
            Check the side stand switch as well.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X