No announcement yet.
X

totaled MY BABY last night PICS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately get to a doctor, and definately contact a injury lawyer.... MN has lots that you don't have to pay unless you win the case. Teach stupid MNDOT to do a good job!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

i am fully ins to 5000, i called the police to the scene right away because i just switched over to full coverage 4 days earlier when i got my body back from paint. ins said they will cover the paint and my leather and take into consideration the moter had only 6000 miles on it when they do the value of my bike.
      "at 140 MPH, life some how seems BLURRY"

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the bike damage, but I'm glad you were able to walk away from the accident. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Vicious! Glad to hear ya had insurance though. Good to know it's there when you think you don't need it. Mine got stolen and I could have kicked my own ass for not having insurance. Hard lesson learned. Hope a lawyer can help ya out. Sounds like you have a case. Probably wouldn't spend a lot of time in court either.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Speedy recovery man.

Comment

Sorry I'm late but did you get an accident report? If so find out who is responcible for the road you were on. Whether it be county, city or state. There should be a fund to at least replace your repair costs. without the cost of a lawyer.If your hurtin go to a doctor you know and trust,then call a lawyer pronto if your doc says you may have problems down the line..Remember it wasnt your fault.

Comment

lawer told me that it would be a hard case to win against the city, i did get the police there and they will do an accident report ,im going to look into a lawer a little more once i get the report from the police. the only problem id have is with the rotator cuff i think.

Comment

update

settled with ins for $2855.00, had to pay a 1000 deductable, they came and got my bike yesterday. a$$holes said it was not able to be baught back so now im on a quest to get a newwer kat for relativaly cheap, something that needs paint work maybe? i got to wait till june to get my ins money as my title has not come in the mail yet so im stuck without a bike for about a month.... this blows

Comment

Glad you're ok.. but a tear has been shed for your poor ride. It's tough watching something you love like that being riped from you by the scoundrals at the insurance company.
                    signature coming soon

The goal in life is not to leave this world with a perfectly intact, unmarred body but to slide sideways into the grave screaming HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Re: update

Originally posted by 93kat600blck
                      settled with ins for $2855.00, had to pay a 1000 deductable, they came and got my bike yesterday. a$$holes said it was not able to be baught back
                      Not able to be bought back? I've never heard of such a thing, esp. with your $1000 deductible included (which should give you interest in the remains, legally, I'd imagine). Titled as parts only/non-rebuildable yes, but never that it couldn't be bought back at all -- I can't imagine that they are going to take it back to their impound lot and turn it into a cube of metal for the recycler.
                      I'd call the insurance company again and speak to someone in customer service -- they may have a different story to tell you.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: update

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Originally posted by 93kat600blck
                        settled with ins for $2855.00, had to pay a 1000 deductable, they came and got my bike yesterday. a$$holes said it was not able to be baught back
                        Not able to be bought back? I've never heard of such a thing, esp. with your $1000 deductible included (which should give you interest in the remains, legally, I'd imagine). Titled as parts only/non-rebuildable yes, but never that it couldn't be bought back at all -- I can't imagine that they are going to take it back to their impound lot and turn it into a cube of metal for the recycler.
                        I'd call the insurance company again and speak to someone in customer service -- they may have a different story to tell you.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        They might work with an auction house they give all their wrecks to. Those auctions may be dealer only auctions, in which case he wouldn't be able to buy the bike back unless he's a licensed dealer. If it's a public auction, he may get the chance to go and bid on it like anyone else provided he can get info on the auction.

I think the sticking point is that he settled with the insurance company and received $2,855 after taking his deductible into account (although that's unclear). He can't have the bike and the $$$ since it was obviously totalled out, so once he settles for the cash, they take the bike. Since they effectively bought it from him they don't have to sell it back to him. On average, they might get more than what they pay out on totalled items they sell at auction.
                        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynKat
                          Originally posted by woobie
                          They fill the pot wholes around here the same way
                          They dont fill holes where i live, but anyway glad your ok, sucks about your ride
                          yeah, theres a million holes over here... they never fill'em. the only thing they do is the cracks where they put the tar stripes across it, and then it re-cracks a week later. 1/2 the local roads in my area you can't pass a quarter-mile w/out seeing about 10 tar strips all across it.

Comment

sorry to hear about your loss. Can someone else buy back your bike (maybe someone you know)? Maybe the insurance guy wants it for himself!

Comment

Working...
                            X