Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I want to know what this 83 Katana is worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know what this 83 Katana is worth?

Hello ,
    Iam new to katrider.Just have a small question.
    Is this a good price for a 1983 750 Katana?

any thoughts from owners of these old school bikes
    Thanks!

a buy it now price of $4600....no, not a good deal at all. you can buy an 1100 for less than that.

If you really want an old kat, and would like a 750, then go with the one with the pop-up headlight. much more style to it than the ones like that. I have two, and would be willing to part with one of them. PM me if interested....but only if you are seriously interested. getting kind of tired of "tire kickers".
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Tough to say...it does sound to be in pristine condition and has VERY low miles which always brings more $. The again it's also a 750 which is usually worth a bit less than the 1000 or 1100. Prices for these bikes are all over the board. If you're in the right place at the right time, you can find rats from $250-1000. Depending on on the day, good condition vintage kats seem to go between $2500-5000. On rare occasions, I've seen them go for between 6000-10000 but those were usually mint museum quality or rare models. The sellers buy it now price is way more than I would pay especially for a 750. I'm sure Mojoe or Ray would have some input on this as well.

Comment

I thought I would wait and see what the reserve was.I think most people on ebay bid on the last day.
        I was going to bid around 3000-3300 max.
        Would that be a fair price??

I really like the fact that it is all original and has low miles.
        I dont see to many of these bikes around anymore.

Comment

Can I put a different engine in the 83 Katana 750?

Comment

Originally posted by van1 View Post
            Can I put a different engine in the 83 Katana 750?
            Yes but if your buying it because it's a pristine condition unmolested original, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? If you wanted to do that, you'd be better of finding a $500 basket case and doing a transplant. I waited 2 plus years to find a roller basket case with no motor so I could drop a bandit 1200 motor into it. Would have felt guilty as hell pulling a good motor from a museum bike.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
              Yes but if your buying it because it's a pristine condition unmolested original, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? If you wanted to do that, you'd be better of finding a $500 basket case and doing a transplant. I waited 2 plus years to find a rolle basket case with no motor so I could drop a bandit 1200 motor into it. Would have felt guilty as hell pulling a good motor from a museum bike.

I would have to agree with Waltari. If you want to do a mods like that, get a basket case. There was one posted in TO about a month ago on kijiji. There is also one near Montreal a while back check out lespac.com. It is in french but they usually have good prices. The one in Montreal was 800 with a running gsxr 750 motor and swing arm. The To one was no motor.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
                I think you are right about keeping it stock.
                Iam going to wait for the last day of the auction and hope the reserve is a good price.Do you think a bid around 3000 is too much for that bike?
                I saw a 1983 1100 Katana sell for 6200 a few weeks ago on ebay,I know the 1100 is worth more but I really like how clean this one is and the low miles is a huge bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                  Yes but if your buying it because it's a pristine condition unmolested original, wouldn't that defeat the purpose? If you wanted to do that, you'd be better of finding a $500 basket case and doing a transplant. I waited 2 plus years to find a rolle basket case with no motor so I could drop a bandit 1200 motor into it. Would have felt guilty as hell pulling a good motor from a museum bike.
                  It's destiny was to stay as it is. I hope whoever gets it appreciates it for what it is rather than what they want it to be.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Believe it or not, that bike is ALMOST worth the buy it now price because the 750s are RARER than the 1100s! They made LESS of the 750s! That one is in NICE shape but NOT perfect. It needs to be detailed VERY well to be worth that buy it now price. The owner KNOWS what he has & I doubt it will sell for less than 4 grand. It sure is nice bodywork! Ray.
                    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

that is a real clean looking bike i might pay that $3,330 for it , but i have three bikes now and the next is going to be brand new . it will get looks and thumbs up for sure

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than $2k for a 83' Kat, no matter how prestine is is. Hell my kat is a 06' 750 and I got it with 6k miles for $4,000, and it was in mint condition with a few upgrades.
                        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

No insult intended, but your Kat they made THOUSANDS of, & everywhere you go you see one. Not so with the 82-83 Kats! 30 years from now your Kat will NOT be close to being worth what that one is NOW, & it NEVER will be. Your bike is a mass production, cookie cutter bike & the early Kats are RARE collectibles. Sorry for you but that's the difference & the way it is! Ray.
                          Last edited by suzukiray; 08-10-2009, 09:13 PM.
                          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

you guys really know your stuff with these old Kats!
                            One more question.

Did they make the 83 750's in only one color option(red and gray)
                            or did they come in silver and blue also?

Comment

I have only seen the 750s in the maroon & silver. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X