Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much paint do I need to order to paint Braada Cowl and

the lower fairing?

From the colo-rite site?

I have a friend that will be doing the painting.

JCoria

Depends -- does your friend have a compressor & air gun, or compressor & airbrush, or are you going rattle can?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cyberpoet....yes, he has a professional shop...he paints, trucks, cars, motorcycles...i do his computer work for him...

how much paint would i need to buy from colorite.

JC

Comment

I'd imagine a half-cup to 3/4 cup would do more than sufficient to put on two good layers. Thus, a half pint is the smalled size that you could reliably use as a liquid (air brush outfits can sometimes get away with a couple touch-up bottles, but I don't think that would be sufficient for a full-sized set-up).

If in doubt, ask your painter -- I'm sure he knows his equipment's consumption rates better than any of us.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If in doubt, ask your painter -- I'm sure he knows his equipment's consumption rates better than any of us.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet[/quote]

Thats the best advise yet. he knows what he needs li he is a pro painter. Unless all he does are all-over paint jobs on cars. The only other question is if he can spray pearl and candy correctly or not. most motorcycle colors are candy or pearl
          here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
          http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
            Thats the best advise yet. he knows what he needs li he is a pro painter. Unless all he does are all-over paint jobs on cars. The only other question is if he can spray pearl and candy correctly or not. most motorcycle colors are candy or pearl
            The Kat candy colors are single-color with no mixing involved. The only special precautions are to make sure you spray over the right color primer (example, '01 Kat 600 blue requires white primer base-coat), and that you use the right matching clear coat (in terms of chemical composition) because it contains chemicals that set the color layer when you're dealing with ColoRite paints.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

it depends if you need a basecoat or not ! I had to buy the base and then the color because of the pearl. I bought two cans of base and two of red it took about half a can to do my cowl now on to the front fender!
              Lance
              2005 Kat 600

Comment

Working...
              X