X

750 kat with pop-up hl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 kat with pop-up hl

If anyone with an 84-86 750 kat witht the pop-up headlight stumbles across this post, I need a spare part. I need the orange lense cover that you see on the upper front nose fairing that you see in the pic.

PM me if you have this part, or know where I can locate this part.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

oops....my bad. 84 won't cut it. 84 is the same model as the 1100. the flip-up light was only 85-86.....and only in Canada as far as North America is concerned.

Comment

Years of the pop-up

Unfortunately I can't help you with the European lenses, but I would like to update your last note.

There is in fact an 84 750 Kat pop-up. It was the first year they came to Canada and there was only 200 imported. Each bike was numbered on the fairing. I have one, but it was repainted when I got it and I haven't been able to figure out which number it is.

You will probably have better luck finding the lenses on the Katana Central Forum.

Comment

you know, I was pretty damn sure there was an 84. In fact I have one. I was told it was an 84 when I picked it up as well....no registration with the bike.
        But http://www.suzukicycles.org didn't list an 84. They list it in 85......so I thought I might have made a mistake about there being an 84.

like yours, mine was repainted.....the 84 that is. the 86 is still original.

do you have a pic of your 84? is it running? for sale?

Comment

I do have pictures, but haven't been able to get them on my account here yet. They are too big.

For sale??? No friggin' way!!!! Not for love nor money. Love the bike, always have. Although I have two other bikes, this one will always be in my stable.

Are you a member of the Vintage Katana Owner's Group? A guy in TO is organizing and puts out regular newsletters.

Comment

no....I am not a member. post any links you might have to these things, please.

Comment

The Vintage Katana Owners Group will have a booth at the Toronto Bike show this weekend for any one who is interested.

Ted Cymbaly has been spearheading this effort and encourages every Vintage Kat owner (1986 or older) to join. It's free and he puts out a newsletter with lots of great info and organizes rides in the summer.

You can reach him at [email protected].

Comment

I was at the show on Saturday and spent some time talking to the guys at the Classic Katana Owners group of North America. If you`re an owner of a 1986 Katana or older, thyey encourage you to connect with them and possibly hook up for rides as well. The one person there owned 3 of the 4 bikes on display. The 1 bike had a pop-up light. the 2nd bike is claimed as 100% original. The 3rd bike was rebuilt and repainted.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Mojo. You didn't happen to buy that bike from a guy named Mike in North Bay did you? Sold an 84 to a guy years ago and heard that he had painted it black. It was #018
                  Gammas and Katanas

Comment

this guy may have parts

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Classic Katana Owners of North America

Hi

Nice pics of our booth. The three bikes on the left are mine. They are (LtoR) 86 GS750SG-pop-up, 83GS750SZ, 83 GS1100SD non-stock paint, and 1983 GS1100SD- 82 paint scheme) If you have one contact me at [email protected] for membership in our group. We will be at the Spring bike show in April.

Cheers
                      Ride Smart - Live Long

Comment

man I do love them I want one with the pop up headlight

Comment

Originally posted by chriskat1100
                          Next project?

Comment

Classic Kats

Next project

resto on a 1983 GS650 Kat - shaft drive - abondoned by previous owner - hopefully ready for next January MC show in Toronto. Also basket case 83 1100 where the frame was cut up - no instrument panel - too far gone for full restoration - will be street-fighter. Long term build.

Tango
                            Ride Smart - Live Long

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              Originally posted by chriskat1100
                              Next project?
                              yeah what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X