X

Update on my 82 Kat 1157R project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldkatman View Post
    Awesome job... I've been planning a project just like yours for the last couple of years... I have the motor and the bike to do it with... any chance you'd be willing to share the pattern for the motor mounts and any other info that would be helpful. Thanks much!
    Honestly, there is one small thing I'm not 100% happy with and I'm contemplating making one last set of mounts. Once they're dialed in I can either give you the dimensions or possibly make you a set.

As for the stock parts...there wasn't a whole lot to begin with since I bought a rolling chassis. Unfortunately, no stock gauges.

Comment

Kat/Bandit Conversion

Waltari.... can't thank you enough... really appreciate your generous offer... I would be willing to compensate you for either pattern or parts. Please keep me posted.

Comment

Anyone have a line on some stock Katana carb boots (the ones betweemn the carbs and the head)? Since I didn't have a stock motor, I don't have the stock boots and as a result the bandit boots don't have the same bend in them that the 82 boots do.

Comment

Waltari. Can they be gotten from a dealer? If so doe ron ayers carry them. I can get them for you at my cost.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Carb Boots

I'll check my parts... don't quite understand... if you're running the Bandit motor... would you not be using the Bandit style carbs... is there a interference issue carb/frame?

Comment

Originally posted by oldkatman View Post
              I'll check my parts... don't quite understand... if you're running the Bandit motor... would you not be using the Bandit style carbs... is there a interference issue carb/frame?
              Yes, the bandit boots are straight and as a result they angle the carbs higher up into the sidepanels. If you lok at your carb boots, they should have about a 20-30 degree angle in the middle that points the bars more at the two matching bumps on the leading edge of the sidepanels.

Waltari. Can they be gotten from a dealer? If so doe ron ayers carry them. I can get them for you at my cost.
              I'll see if I can dig up the actual part number and see if Ayers carries them...if so, I'll likely hit you up on the offer. Thanks!

Comment

Boot Part Nos.

You will need 2 each of the following:
                13111 49200
                13121 49200

Sorry I don't have and extra set of boots. I see what you mean about the angle of the dangle. Hope this helps.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                  I checked on Ayers site but when plugging the part numbers in, get nothing. I tried flatoutmotorcycles.com and the part numbers came up in the database. I order frm them in the past and eventually got my parts but not without a huge run around. I might try to the local suzuki dealer this weekend before I put myself into mail order limbo. Thatnks for coming up with the part numbers!

Comment

If they are superceeded part numbers, they might not come up.... but ron ayers should still be able to get them for you.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Part Numbers

This is true!

Comment

carb boots

Waltari,

I can help you out with the 82 GS1100 carb boots but if you're running a Bandit motor the carb boots bolt to the head and the early GS1100 boots are clamped to the spigot that sticks out of the head. I can e-mail you some pics of the boots if you like.

Frankenzuki

Comment

Originally posted by frankenzuki View Post
                          Waltari,

I can help you out with the 82 GS1100 carb boots but if you're running a Bandit motor the carb boots bolt to the head and the early GS1100 boots are clamped to the spigot that sticks out of the head. I can e-mail you some pics of the boots if you like.

Frankenzuki
                          That would be greatly appreciated! Drop me a few images when you get a chance. Thanks!

Comment

i just noticed you didnt use any kind of padding between the straps and frame........for that nice of a bike and all that work.....that thing would be bubble wrapped and filled with packing peanuts
                            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV View Post
                              i just noticed you didnt use any kind of padding between the straps and frame........for that nice of a bike and all that work.....that thing would be bubble wrapped and filled with packing peanuts
                              Actually, it's hard to see in the photos, but I have a chunk of the same black foam rubber padding I used when installing the motor at each point strap point.

Comment

Working...
                              X