X

Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat

I saw a 06 Kat like mine but it looked a little different. The seat had been changed from the factory one. When I looked at it, it was a Corbin seat (minus the sissy bar). It made the bike look totally different. I've been thinking about changing my seat for some time now. I want to change the seat and put a cowl on as well. Anyone have any thoughts?

I like the GSXR/Busa style cowl
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Those are nice but I don't know where to get a cowl from that will fit a kat.

Comment

I eould like to know interchangability between seats as well. Saw a nice pre kat cowl from england, but shipping was pretty pricey.

Comment

Corbins are pretty sweet. They look great and are more comfortable for long rides. Put 1100 miles on mine since getting it about 2 weeks ago
          But if you're liking the solo cowl look...probably not worth spending several hundred on a seat. You could always fab one yourself out of fiberglass, I believe several people here have done that. Might be a couple threads floating around about it.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by hess_dawg03 View Post
            Those are nice but I don't know where to get a cowl from that will fit a kat.
            A guy makes them here in The UK, he posts here sometimes. Can't remember his name but maybe someone else will.
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

When I purchased my bike the first and biggest problem I had was the seat. After about 30 minutes of riding my butt was so sore I set out to find some sort of solution. I ended up with the Corbin gunfighter seat and all of the problems of riding and at long distances were gone. It looks different, but for support I have found nothing like it. They are pricey but worth it.
              sigpic
              98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
              Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

The shop here has one for $75. It's been there for a minute so I may go scoop it up. As far a making a cowl myself, I suck at stuff like that. My mechanic may be able to do it. That guy can do anything.

Comment

for 75, why are you hesitating? they're usually 300 used. awesome seat, helps make the bike less cheap as well, imho
                  as far as the cowl, its on ebay all the time. he makes/sells the low and high rise cowls for the post kats. around 100 shipped to the US. they wont fit the corbin seat though. so its your choice, be comfortable and look like a boss. or have yet another piece of plastic on an already over fairing'd bike.

Comment

$75?!?! Wow. That is a VERY good price for a corbin
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                      for 75, why are you hesitating? they're usually 300 used. awesome seat, helps make the bike less cheap as well, imho
                      as far as the cowl, its on ebay all the time. he makes/sells the low and high rise cowls for the post kats. around 100 shipped to the US. they wont fit the corbin seat though. so its your choice, be comfortable and look like a boss. or have yet another piece of plastic on an already over fairing'd bike.
                      Do those cowls attach to the stock seat? Do you have to cut down your seat to use it?
                      - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

no cutting requied. It attaches to the bottom of the seat

Comment

I wasn't sure about the seat but I may go and get it tomorrow or Saturday. I'm looking for new ideas for my bike but it seems that i'm somewhat limited with a Katana. I'm looking at changing the bar ends and looking around for some other ideas. I was trying to find another factory seat to add the cowl to but it seems that they are hard to come by

Comment

Got the seat Saturday. It didn't quite snap and make the hard to unlock it but a few washers fixed that problem. It's been cold here so I haven't really had time to look at it. I don't like the way it feels when I sit on it, it actually uncomfortable to me. I won't be using that on long trips..i'll post pics later. I put my Kat on the stands for the winter.

Comment

It does take a bit of getting used to. Took me a week. Now I love it.
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
                              X