Zombietoad's Streetfighter project, gsxf 600 -95

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombietoad's Streetfighter project, gsxf 600 -95

Hey people!

Almost half a year ago i joined this forum as i bought my first Motorcycle, a katana 600 gsx-f 1995 mod.
    My plan was to use the winter turning it into a lean mean streetfighter machine, However i got knocked on my ass totally and was in bed for months...
    Now im up and running again, and will hopefully get my biked up and running again soon too.
    As i mentioned its my first MC so i do not have any experience with motorcycle mechanics at all, but how hard can it be right?
    Turns out it is a bit harder then first imagined, but i dont like quitting anything, so my work was cut out for me for sure.
    Here are a picture of the bike as it rolled into my care:

And Now it sits like this:

Still allot to do, but allot is finished also, now its just a matter of time and money, I have to paint it, and do some fiberglass work,
    need to find a headlight setup i like, need to install blinkers, spedo, new levers, and do a engine overhaul, and im getting close to riding it again
    and just in time as i start the MC-drivers license class on tuesday.

Here are more pictures of my process :

will post more info and pictures as i get chit done
    -Zombietoad

I like the bikework. And anyone with a name like "zombietoad" will likely produce a real winner. Killer name, dude, killer name.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thank you so much Zuma a friend of mine will hopefully be doing some "blood-mess" airbrushing on top of the flat black too, so the "Zombietoad" Nick will fit the bike as well
      Think its gonna be ok for a first timer

Comment

Kudos for originality, definitely had a unique look to it. Good luck with the rest of your build!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thank you Spielers! Actually i stole the idea of the fairing from another bike i saw. But it wont look anything like it whrn im done if only someone gave me some money ut would ve epic. Unfortunately everything bike related is expensive as chit in Norway :/

Comment

Todays progress

did some work on the plastic today, filled all the tiny scratches and sanded it all out.
            Also put some fiberglass on the inside of the remaining fairing, where the plastic is the weakest due to extensive cutting.
            I am looking into the possibility of foiling the parts instead of painting it. but idk, i guess it depends on the price i can get.
            But IMO foiling can look as good as paint and even better if the work is done properly.
            Anyone want to share theyre knowledge on the subject?

here are some pictures from today

Dont want to make it to thick, just a bit stronger so it wont bend too much when/if im gonna foil it.

Always seem to be a good idea to put on a thick layer of <insert correct English word here>

Always regret it at this point though

-Zombietoad
            Last edited by zombietoad; 04-28-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I guess this guy is still sanding that one plastic panel. Didn't look like this was going anywhere productive anyways. Handle bars looked like a bag full of dirty hooker a55holes..

Comment

Someone is having a grumpy day... You will find most build threads die at the same time the build does....
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

actually the build is mostly done. and looking pretty sweet.
                  The only reason i didnt keep updating is because i also started my own company, and have had a full time job on the side while doing that as well. So i had a limited time to build/document it. but the bike have been done for almost a year, and i have had some awesome times on it The only issue i have had is a bad choice of paint, which will be fixed in my vacation in a couple of weeks. And my rear seat which i cant figure out how to mount properly. Not that i ever have a passenger, but i still would like to fix it though :P And when it comes to my handlebars. I like them, as it gives me a much better upright position. So insult them all you want :P

Comment

Keep up with the good work!!!

I like the handlebar and mounting brackets!
                    I was planning to get that style on my bike too. Whats the brand? where di you get it?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X