X

There we go again another tire question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There we go again another tire question

OK I know what your thinking WTF cant anyone search. However I’m going to ask any ways. I’m getting new tires. I have to get rid of the Dunlop 205. Talk about crappy tires. I’m leaning towards the Interact Z6 but the M3 sound like fun. Has anyone tried the new Z6s or the M3s. All the reviews I’ve read on the Z6 Interacts have been good but some real world experience would be nice..

I doubt you're going to get any real-world feedback on the new Interacts yet, because they just arrived in-market in the USA. That means if someone is running them, they've only been running them a short while (literally under a couple weeks).

The older Z6's are the bees-knees, the top-of-the-heap for the 98+ Kats as far as I'm concerned, and my back-channel discussions with my Metzeler engineering buddy in Europe tells me that the new Interacts will be marginally (but noticeably) better in every respect. Ditto what one of the Pirelli VP's for the USA said to me, gushing about the Interacts...

The M3's are effectively slated to be dropped from what I understand as soon as inventories deplete, set to be replaced by the new RaceTec K3's (in a variety of compounds, from canyon-carver to pure race-track); the RaceTec's will expand out to more sizes as that happens (just as the Z6 interacts range will expand out to more sizes as the older Z6's deplete out).
    Now that said, the M3's were a superb canyon carving tire intended for 100+ HP bikes with knee-draggers hanging off them. If that matches your actual riding style most of the time (i.e. - that you're going to constantly be adding changing in direction, speed, braking to keep pumping heat into them aggressively), they will grab a bit harder for you and inspire more confidence, especially if you're not a particularly smooth rider (i.e. - if you tend to "muscle" the bike around a lot)... BUT for the typical Kat rider, their riding patterns will never get that level of heat into them regularly, and it's a bad fit for their real world use, and the Z6's are perfectly adept at knee-down for a smooth rider on the Kats.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I run the old Z6s and do a pretty even mix of highway, city, and back road driving. I absolutely love them and have found them to be just about perfect no matter how I'm riding. If the Interacts are anything like the originals, you won't be disappointed.
      sigpic
      »Ross Wendell
      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Oh, and just about anything under the sun will be better than the OEM Dunlop 205's on a Kat

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I love my Z6's!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X