X

Disassemble seat cowl??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassemble seat cowl??

So i just bought this bike and as seen in the pics it has a seat cowl, im lookin to put the passenger seat back on, but I dont know how to take the cowl off!? Dumb question I know, but since i never put it on or off... It is a custom made from fiberglass from the guy that had it before me. i took off the 2 screws that holds it down from the key seat lock and figured it would just slid off. Well it doesnt want to move to far in either direction.
    Some advice and or pics would be great so I know what is holding it on!?

Originally posted by Maslonik View Post
    So i just bought this bike and as seen in the pics it has a seat cowl, im lookin to put the passenger seat back on, but I dont know how to take the cowl off!? Dumb question I know, but since i never put it on or off... It is a custom made from fiberglass from the guy that had it before me. i took off the 2 screws that holds it down from the key seat lock and figured it would just slid off. Well it doesnt want to move to far in either direction.
    Some advice and or pics would be great so I know what is holding it on!?
    Did you take off all 6 bolts/screws?....

I see 2 on the side, probably would have 2 on the other side as well, and you mentioned 2 under the seat lock?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yea i took off the two that holds down the locking mechanism that holds down the driver's seat because the lock sits on top the cowl. And the two bolts on each side of the cowl you mentioned are completely round (no place for a flathead or phillips and it is round so you cant us a wrench. I think they are just for show because I can see the first bolts under the cowl and they are not bolted to nething (cut off and glued there?) I cant see the rear bolts simply cuz they are too far back, but even if the rear 2 were bolted in, the cowl does wiggle around a bit when i was try to take it off

Comment

Originally posted by Maslonik View Post
        And the two bolts on each side of the cowl you mentioned are completely round (no place for a flathead or phillips and it is round so you cant us a wrench. I think they are just for show because I can see the first bolts under the cowl and they are not bolted to nething (cut off and glued there?) I cant see the rear bolts simply cuz they are too far back, but even if the rear 2 were bolted in, the cowl does wiggle around a bit when i was try to take it off
        Take off one of the side panels from the tail, so you can see the rear seat/cowl mounting brackets.

I'm betting it's attatched to them somehow, and by taking the side off you will clearly see how to finish removing the cowl.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X