Interesting tool for chain rivet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tool for chain rivet

link

heck I might have one of these in my old folks garage, I need to go and check!
    saves 100 or so bucks.
    sigpic

guess it could work
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Yup, mr. croom is a freaking genius. You on KF? I'm scottynoface on their as well.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Yup, mr. croom is a freaking genius. You on KF? I'm scottynoface on their as well.
        No Im not on there I used to have a kawi ninja 250
        I just googled chain rivet tool and chick on all the hopeful links. Forums mostly
        sigpic

Comment

Ah gotcha. Yeah, KF is full of a lot of...well...yeah you know
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Remember that I sell a tool specifically designed to do this dirt cheap ($38) compared to standard commercial tools.

See my offers thread here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

for more details.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's a nice looking little tool Cyber, and about the right size to fit under the seat.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

yes CP I probably will purchase that when I get new chain n sprockets
                sigpic

Comment

the c-clamp idea doesn't work...it didn't crush my rivets at all, just put a nice ring into my flare tool adapter

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    Remember that I sell a tool specifically designed to do this dirt cheap ($38) compared to standard commercial tools.

See my offers thread here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

for more details.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Oohhhhh didn't know you sold those, I need a new one lol.

Is it for flaring the rivet only or for also breaking the chain also(pushing the pin out after grinding off the rivet head)?

Have you used this yourself or gotten any feedback from those who have?
                    Kyle

Comment

Do we need to make this a NSFW thread now that Cyber is posting pics of his tool???

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
                        Do we need to make this a NSFW thread now
                        That's one way to guaranty more traffic...
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                          Is it for flaring the rivet only or for also breaking the chain also(pushing the pin out after grinding off the rivet head)?

Have you used this yourself or gotten any feedback from those who have?
                          It will push out the pin once ground down, and will push the plate down as well. It won't cut the rivet-head off.

It works (I've used one), and there are quite a few KR members who scored them over the past 6 months that I've been offering it, so you can ask around about their opinions. It's an exact clone of DID's $150 KM500 tool

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

The flaring point is not wide enough to mushroom then link properly
                            besides a cheap clamp will break before that rivit is properly installed
                            use the proper tool
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                            X