X

Service question about the GSX650F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service question about the GSX650F

Does anyone know what the service intervals are for valve adjustments and throttle body synchs?

The b12.5's have shim under bucket style style valves, and the service manual states that they need to be inspected every 14,500 miles. I would imagine it would be the same for the 650 motor.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

That's not bad at all. What I really worry about is throttle-body synchs.

Comment

Why, it's not hard....
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

This is from the 1250 manual, I highly doubt the 650 is any different.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
            Why, it's not hard....
            It's just an extra step that I'd rather not have to mess with too often.

That seems pretty frequent on the 1250 chart.

Comment

Unless you are having problems idling or anything, then you don't even need to worry about it.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread.... but I once had an FZ6, and it really got out of whack when I neglected to do the first t-body synch (which was due at the break-in service). I had 5,500 miles on the odometer and was in the middle of cross-country trip.

A mechanic in Kingman AZ tried to tell me my clutch was slipping, but I knew that was nuts. The symptoms were somewhat similar, but I baby my clutches. Also, I used to be a professional motorcycle mechanic; so I knew better. I rode it on to Los Angeles and found a mechanic who synched the t-bodies. It ran like a champ after that.

It was my fault to do the break-in service without doing the t-body synch, but I thought I could get away with it. Still, I was annoyed that it would get so far out of synch that fast. That's why I've obsessed about the service interval ever since.

Comment

Working...
                X