No announcement yet.
X

I'll set it off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per steves, I am leaving it alone. So many mechanical similarities between the katana and bandit, enough said.

and gsx f is katana call letters!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

done as well

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

We agreed to put the GSXF650 up to a vote, and based on the results of that poll it overwhelming won as being part of the Kat family.

For the record, I agree with the Bandit heritage.... but went with the poll results.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ok, I agree there should be a place for the 650 here, just like every other bike. But I do not agree that it should be named a katana... just take a look

...taken from MCN magazine:

"Fully-faired 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSX650F revealed

By Chris Newbigging

New bikes

28 June 2007 09:23

Suzuki has just released these first pictures of a full-faired Bandit 650. Shown here in American spec, the GSX650F has been confirmed as one of six new UK-spec Suzukis to be launched next week in Rome.

Based heavily on the new-for-2007 water-cooled Bandit 650, the GSX650F is intended as a replacement for the GSX750F ‘Teapot’, which was a long-running and steady selling model in the UK and still available in the US until recently.

The GSX650F sprouts a new-purpose designed fairing with a headlight taken from the Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5, and although not shown in the picture Suzuki’s information claims that the retro-style clocks of the Bandit have made way for a ‘GSX-R inspired instrument cluster’.

The Bandit’s two-piece adjustable seat is oddly not fitted to the touring-focused GSX – instead it has a fixed position one-piece design.

The engine and chassis is unchanged from the Suzuki Bandit, using the same steel cradle frame and budget chassis parts. The engine is in the same state of tune as the Bandit too."

I mean just look at the parts... the frame, oil cover, tires, shocks, exhaust, tank... EVERYTHING is the same as the bandit... none of it from a pre or post katana....

thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you all see it my way that it is a great bike that should be included... just not named 'katana'.

ps. thanks to waltari for the info

Comment

Ah well, I tried /shrug
            Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Whoop! New Forum! Looks like a fun Bike! I'd like to take one for a test ride!
              2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
              Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
              2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Just curious - What are the 'real' specs? (Horsepower) can this bike hold it's own?
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                  ok, I agree there should be a place for the 650 here, just like every other bike. But I do not agree that it should be named a katana... just take a look

...taken from MCN magazine:

"Fully-faired 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSX650F revealed

By Chris Newbigging

New bikes

28 June 2007 09:23

Suzuki has just released these first pictures of a full-faired Bandit 650. Shown here in American spec, the GSX650F has been confirmed as one of six new UK-spec Suzukis to be launched next week in Rome.

Based heavily on the new-for-2007 water-cooled Bandit 650, the GSX650F is intended as a replacement for the GSX750F ‘Teapot’, which was a long-running and steady selling model in the UK and still available in the US until recently.

The GSX650F sprouts a new-purpose designed fairing with a headlight taken from the Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5, and although not shown in the picture Suzuki’s information claims that the retro-style clocks of the Bandit have made way for a ‘GSX-R inspired instrument cluster’.

The Bandit’s two-piece adjustable seat is oddly not fitted to the touring-focused GSX – instead it has a fixed position one-piece design.

The engine and chassis is unchanged from the Suzuki Bandit, using the same steel cradle frame and budget chassis parts. The engine is in the same state of tune as the Bandit too."

I mean just look at the parts... the frame, oil cover, tires, shocks, exhaust, tank... EVERYTHING is the same as the bandit... none of it from a pre or post katana....

thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you all see it my way that it is a great bike that should be included... just not named 'katana'.

ps. thanks to waltari for the info
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                    Yah gotta love that horsey...
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                      Just curious - What are the 'real' specs? (Horsepower) can this bike hold it's own?
                      i havent seen actual hp#s but the bandits about 84hp with same weight i believe

-Chris V.

Comment

Hmmmm. I would have thought they'd want to milk out at least a hundred ponies. -With 16V FI...
                        =USAF= Retired

Comment

Hmmmm. I would have thought they'd want to milk out at least a hundred ponies. -With 16V FI...
                          It's being marketed as an entry level budget bike so that's probably why not highly tuned.
                          Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Yah gotta love that horsey...
                            I like it!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
                              It's being marketed as an entry level budget bike so that's probably why not highly tuned.
                              But being FI , water-cooled , and 50cc ups on the 600 , that would make for quite a potential power boost without even trying hard .....
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Looks a lot like a GS500f to me....I took a pic of mine when it was stock (2006 Kat 750) and of the new one and put them beside each other....I think mine still looks nicer than the new one....but FI is hard to turn away from! Gonna have to see what you can do to alter the look of the new ones before I decide

Comment

Working...
                                X