X

bigger carb on my 95 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger carb on my 95 600

I bought my Kat and the guy said the old stock carb was junk so he put a bigger one on. Any idea what it would be?
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F 3,500mi. Black with Purple tank and rims. FOR SALE

A: Kats use FOUR carbs If he only replaced one then he's a mental deficient and you should go back and donkey punch him.

B: If he replaced all four, then it was probably from a 750/1100 or maybe an old GSXR. If he didn't re-jet them, refer to A.

C: If he went through the trouble to re-jet the new carbs, then he's a pro and I wish to tender my apologies for the first and second statements.

Comment

D: It occurred to me that there is the possibility he modded up a true manifold, and slapped on an old Holley 650 double pumper, in which case...

Actually, that'd be kinda cool

Comment

Im assuming he replaced all four from a gsxr or something. I believe he had a shop do it.

Comment

A bigger "carb" can mean fueling problems if you aren't running Pods or a full exhaust system.

Does it run okay?

Chances are he was just blowing smoke up your azz.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It runs ok but I can smell gas. I think its running too rich. Stock exhaust.

Comment

Can you see any markings on the new carbs? Like brand and/or numbers?

Maybe he put some keihin flatslides on there...lol
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
              X