Loud rattling noise in Kat 600 89´

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud rattling noise in Kat 600 89´

First i´m to this forum... and from Denmark

Anyway, my problem is.... I have a rattling noise in my engine, its not the valve´s. It´s worst when the engine is idling in the low RPM´s and i gear... i´ve tried to "reset" the cam chain tensioner, but no luck there, still rattling.

It just came from the one to another without warning.... besides the noise the bike runs great....

anyone have som ideas what it could be, and what i can do about it ?!!?

thx in advance

does it go away when you pull in the clutch?
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Not really but som of it does.... if the rpm is over 1500rpm then its not that bad. But if i let go of the clutch in gear and it drops in rpm the ratling noise get a lot worse. and i cant seem to identify were it comes from....

Comment

Im no expert, but it kind of sounds like a noisy clutch basket could be the culprit. The clutch basket is on the right side of the motor, just above the oil looking glass. Listen down in that area and see if you can tell if the noise originates from that side of the bike or that area of the motor.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I checked the clutch today and i´m pretty sure its not that....

I kinda sounds its from the left side og the engine.... i have a guess it could be the starter clutch that need a change... am i wrong or am i the right direction here... ??

Comment

Could be, they can go bad.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

are they difficult to fix??? i´m not a mekk, but i know how 2 fix most things on cars and bike´s

Comment

Not too difficult, could just be loose.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So this might sound like a stupid idea, but check for loose bolts, screws, etc.... I fixed a lot of the gremlin noises coming from my bike by going over it with a torque wrench. Also, stuff in the console under the seat seems to have a talent for "throwing" the noise as if it was coming from the engine area in my experience.

May not help your case at all, but I was about ready to do a full engine rebuild on mine till I did the tasks above earlier. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X