No announcement yet.
X

How long can the bike sit unused?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another not so helpful thread where the new guy with few posts get bashed...oh yeah and of course the obligatory post by arsenics carbs for sale link
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I didn't link any carbs for sale. I posted some feedback. I could link some carbs for sale if you really want Mo.
      carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190740761885&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 98-06[/ame]
      carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97

Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Comment

oh you sell carbs ?
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Not really, mine are half ass, but I hear canucme3 does. And he's a bronze level certified tech (I have no idea what "bronze level" is )

Comment

Alright really aren't forum supporters and old members supposed to make the new members feel welcome and share their knowledge? I posted the info that I had to help the original poster and now you are just acting me personally.

But since you went there just because you can build carbs doesn't mean you know how they work. Suzuki has different level techs. Bronze is there entry level tech which you would know if you were suzuki certified or use service pro it comes right up on the home page the different levels. And you still have yet to come back and tell me exactly I had wrong with my info to begin with.

Comment

So in other words your certified to change tires and do oil changes? I'm not gonna waste my time telling you what you're wrong about, you're the certified carb genius. I was gonna totally let your post about the air filter not effecting vacuum go. But then you came in spouting off about race bikes using CV carbs like you have a clue. I'm gonna sit right here on my high horse until somebody knocks me off of it. Listen to my advice son, this is exactly why I hate MMI or any other bullshit "tech" school. You've had what like 12 weeks of training? Now you think you know something? Until you've done this for a few years, actually hands on and gained experience. You don't know a damn thing. You have this cocky attitude and think you know your stuff. Well you don't, period. Everything I tell members here, I've proven. What have you proven exactly?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by canucme3 View Post
                  Alright really aren't forum supporters and old members supposed to make the new members feel welcome and share their knowledge? I posted the info that I had to help the original poster and now you are just acting me personally.

But since you went there just because you can build carbs doesn't mean you know how they work. Suzuki has different level techs. Bronze is there entry level tech which you would know if you were suzuki certified or use service pro it comes right up on the home page the different levels. And you still have yet to come back and tell me exactly I had wrong with my info to begin with.
                  Dont expect any real help or answers from this guy , he just wants to sell his carbs. occasionaly he is going to give a tip or two from his high horse to boost his ego. All while he says that everything you do and think you know is wrong. Because he thinks his way is the only way to do anything. There are a few of us that actually like to make a community on this forum. and we welcome you

my advice is to dont waste much more time in this thread.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                    Dont expect any real help or answers from this guy , he just wants to sell his carbs.
                    True statement.

Comment

I need popcorn!

Comment

Wow, this went real, bad real quick... as I'm another newbie I sure hope I don't need any advice anytime soon

Engelskmannen.
                        Carpe Jugulum...
                        1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Don't worry, your signature says you have an 1100. I don't build BST34SS carbs. You're all good. Not too mention, you have a 1994. They stopped making the 1100 in the US in 1993, so I know nothing about your bike. I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I didn't start anything with "bronze level" tech here. Do I build carbs? Yes. Would I rather sell you a set of rebuilt carbs than tell you how to fix yours? Yes. I don't know who pissed in Mo's frosted flakes, but I consider him a friend. If he wants too make me out as an asshole, fine. I have some dickish tendencies, I won't lose sleep over it. So, is there anyone better at carburetors than me? No. There are a lot of folks here that know what they are doing. I will happily help you get your problem figured out, just don't be surprised if I try to sell you something. Carry on.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 01-20-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

All of the following can easily be re-created and verified for Katana CV carbs and engine combos....

1. A non OEM inline fuel filtration/screen that does not have sufficient fuel flow, or an OEM screen that is partially blocked to reduce fuel flow can/will cause top end running issues. This also goes with kinked fuel lines, or incorrect fuel lines that will collapse when hot.

Reason: Reduced fuel flow will refill the carbs at a reduced rate and allow for the bike to run at idle and lower rpms seemingly issue free, but at higher rpms and WOT will not refill the bowls fast enough causing an overly lean issue.

2. Non OEM high flow air filter can cause performance issues from idle to full WOT.

Reason: A combination of mild cam profiles on stock Katana engines with Carb bore sizes and basic CV carbs functionality. The Katana mild performance cams reduces the amount of air flow through the engine in comparison to higher performance engines. The bore size of the stock CV carbs is large enough that some pressure is required for fuel to be properly pulled from the jetting and to mix with the air flow through them. This makes changes in back pressure on the carbs and air flow through the carbs have a much higher dramatic effect on their performance. Swapping in performance cams from some GSXR models or custom shaped cams can help to reduce the negative performance effects on CV carbs by greatly increasing the flow of air through the engine. This works by increasing the backpressures and venturi effect on the CV carbs. It doesn't "solve" the problems, just reduces their effect and the spikes on performance degradation. Anytime there are changes in air flow or pressures before or after the engine, retuning is going to be required such as adjusting the jetting and settings on the CV carbs. You will not be able to "tune" CV carbs on an OEM engine to work with high flow air filters and not still have targeted issues at various rpms. What tuning you end up doing is also going to be extremely intensive and require multiple tools that most lay persons do not have. With the proper 5 gas analyzer and multiple dyno runs I'm sure you could help to reduce the problems so that they are less noticeable and some have even said "Yeah, I made it work!" but no one has yet to post any actual proof such as a dyno run that does not show the spikes of performance degradation we are discussing here.

3. Katana CV carbs are very susceptible to performance degradation or clogging due to fuel evaporation.

Reason: The Kat CV carbs are open air ventilated carbs. On the top of each carb is a port that allows fuel to evaporate right out into the atmosphere. Any external factors that affect fuel evaporation will apply to CV carbs. For example, stored in areas where the bike is exposed to higher ambient temps or higher than normal air flow for longer periods of time will greatly increase the rate fuel will evaporate from the bowls. When fuel evaporates, it leaves hardened deposits that will partially or fully block jets and air/fuel passages. When that happens, it can have pretty substantial negative effects on performance. Missing vent lines and fuel types can increase the rate of performance issues. Fuel treatments can help to reduce the issue but will not stop it if the fuel is allowed to fully evaporate. Even the fuel treatments will evaporate out as well eventually leaving the deposits behind. Many times once deposited and hardened, the only way to fully recover is to disassemble and deep clean the carb bodies. To many times people focus on the jets, and miss that the air/fuel passages in the carb body are actually the problem.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have nothing against arsenic, Ive bought stuff from him and if need be Id buy carbs too. Its the being rude to people part that I am addressing.
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X