X

Katana 2002 600cc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 2002 600cc

Hi Guys, I have just joined the forum. I bought a 2002 suzuki Katana 600 few months ago and did not ride much since then. However, I have noticed that once I ride the bike for 10 minutes approx and stop on a traffic light etc, the RPM does not go down. RPM remains at around 3000, however, if engage the first gear, RPM goes down. When the bike is cold it does not do that and RPM comes down whenever I leave the throttle. It happens only after approx 10 to 15 minutes of riding.

I am not sure if I am clear in my question or not. If you understand the situation, can someone please have any explanation and suggestion to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Aamir View Post
    Hi Guys, I have just joined the forum. I bought a 2002 suzuki Katana 600 few months ago and did not ride much since then. However, I have noticed that once I ride the bike for 10 minutes approx and stop on a traffic light etc, the RPM does not go down. RPM remains at around 3000, however, if engage the first gear, RPM goes down. When the bike is cold it does not do that and RPM comes down whenever I leave the throttle. It happens only after approx 10 to 15 minutes of riding.

I am not sure if I am clear in my question or not. If you understand the situation, can someone please have any explanation and suggestion to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Try playing with the Idle adjustment screw.. it is located on the left side and you should be able to reach it without removing hte plastics... bump it down until you are idling around 1400...

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by Aamir View Post

Thanks,

The most likely cause is an air leak/vacuum leak causing a lean condition.

The second possible cause would be dirty pilot circuit in the carbs, and they need to be cleaned really well then synced. (Not just the pilot jets, the ENTIRE circuit!)

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome! And I'll just go ahead and say right from the get-go to have the carbs cleaned and etc, I had similar issue and it's usually the suspect.
            2001 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by sekter View Post
              Welcome! And I'll just go ahead and say right from the get-go to have the carbs cleaned and etc, I had similar issue and it's usually the suspect.
              All of the above and get the choke circuit checked too,mine stuck on a bit this frosty morning.....
              I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
              X