X
X

Hauling your bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Junior and Range hauled their Daytona's down in the back of a Ford F150 last year and it was a pretty tight fit if I remember right. Ive seen a pre98 Kat in the back of a Ford Ranger (duffy's) and it fit ok, but Im not sure about 2 big bikes being very safe to haul in a Ranger.

Comment

Ok, question time. For those of us without a trailer, what is the best way of getting a bike in and out of a truck bed? I will more then likely have to end up unloading it myself, so are there any reliable ramps or methods that anyone would recommend? Thanks!

PS I know this doesnt exactly pertain to the rally, but it does to hauling

Comment

If you're doing it yourself, and you dont have a ramp. Ive always found a small hill, example like on the side of our driveway there's an incline about the height of the truck bed. Just back the truck up and roll it on.

The wider ramp you can get the better, especially if you are doing it yourself. This one for example allows you ride the bike right up if you want too, it's not the most stable way even on a ramp but you can do it because it's wide. It's better to have atleast 2 people so you can get one on either side.

Comment

$418 !!!! I think I'll find a high curb
          Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
          Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
            $418 !!!! I think I'll find a high curb
            Hell, for that you could air freight the damn thing down!

Comment

Hey it was just a suggestion to point him in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                Do ya think a kat 750 and bandit 1200 would fit in my Ford Ranger? I know id have to leave talegate down, and I am very close to weight limit, but i wonder if there is room...
                Crap I totally missed this question back in May......

1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Wow, you did it- two big street bikes in a Ranger! I am impressed (and also trying to upgrade my rating here- what's next after rookie?)

Not sure I will make it to the rally, if I can, it will be Saturday only. will there be much still going on?
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Do yall think this will work for a one man opertaion? It is a good bit cheaper then the one posted earlier, at only $79. Let me know what you think.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Trip, I have those exact ramps. one thing to keep in mind is that each section is rated for 500lbs. That means that a fueled Kat is close to or just over the limit. If your truck is parked on flat ground that ramp is a little steep. I needed help to load and unload.

There are two things that you can do to make it easier. You can raise the nose of the truck. To do this I parked with the front wheels on a loading dock. That flattened the angle of the ramp which made it easier to unload. The other thing that I did (thanks to Range's suggestion) is I parked with the rear wheels of the truck in a drainage ditch. That way the tailgate was a lot lower to the ground.

Comment

Don't forget, that even folded up those ramps are big.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          You're gonna make me do it , aren't you ? :
                          http://motorcyclistonline.com/howto/hauling/
                          Bed link.. Bad link. No peeing on the carpet...

Try this one instead.
                          Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

Huh , it worked when I posted it .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Tie Down Methods

Rather than trusting the ROCK CLIMBING gear
                              To secure my MOTORCYCLE
                              I use the Screw Type Chain Link, available at your
                              local hardware store - and load rated to several thousand Lbs.
                              They are also cheaper
                              (If I can use them to hang a concert Sound system in a major arena
                              they should hold my Kat)
                              Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

kool

Comment

Working...
                                X