X

New Guy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    Lie I said, I'd come at him with the absolute worst-case scenario and a low offer. See if he bites or if he doesn't want to flex at all on the price. Just because the carbs were cleaned a year ago doesn't mean that they aren't clogged up with a year's worth of dried up gas or even that the job was done right.
    Alright, I'll come at him with $500 or so in cash. He's a kid who needs money hopefully the green paper can sway him.

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with the purchase

Comment

Welcome!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome here. WB gave some solid gold advise there. Could still go either way, worst or best case scenario, but at least you'll know what to scrutinize. It's def worth the try.

Off: you may have seen this before but just for laughs..

Killing a Toyota HILUX : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk"]part 1[/ame]
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM"]part 2[/ame]
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk"]part 3[/ame]
                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! Hope you get what you're looking for

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                    welcome
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                    Welcome to KR. Good luck with the purchase
                    Thank you, going to look at it tomorrow.

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                    Welcome!
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                    Welcome here. WB gave some solid gold advise there. Could still go either way, worst or best case scenario, but at least you'll know what to scrutinize. It's def worth the try.

Off: you may have seen this before but just for laughs..

Killing a Toyota HILUX : part 1
                    part 2
                    part 3
                    Yeah I have all that stuff written down to check, a little silly i guess but I want to be thorough.

About the "Killing a Toyota" vids, they come up about once a week on the Toyota forums. But I gotta be honest it's true, they are unbreakable. My 4Runner has 300K on it.

Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
                    Welcome to KR from NC!!! Hope you get what you're looking for
                    Thanks!! I hope so too!

Comment

The issues with that bike may sway most folks away from it, but that's how I got such a steal($400) on mine. It was basically a basket-case due to the P.O. dismantling it. I will have mine on the road for well under $1000 total investment, and most of the stuff that's mentioned are things you would probably go thru before riding it anyway. Good Luck!

Hmmm, did somebody mention something about 4 wheeling?

Comment

Originally posted by jeepocaster View Post
                        The issues with that bike may sway most folks away from it, but that's how I got such a steal($400) on mine. It was basically a basket-case due to the P.O. dismantling it. I will have mine on the road for well under $1000 total investment, and most of the stuff that's mentioned are things you would probably go thru before riding it anyway. Good Luck!

Hmmm, did somebody mention something about 4 wheeling?

Thanks for the luck! It's great finding good deals on Craigslist.

4 wheeling =

Well guys, I bought the Katana yesterday for $600.

I am picking it up later this week. Pics to come!
                        Last edited by Swimmerboy; 04-08-2012, 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Congrats. More than you were hoping to pay but still not a bad deal (probably). Keep in mind that just like any used vehicle, you've just bought someone else's problems. Expect the worst and then the only surprises will be good ones.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Congrats. More than you were hoping to pay but still not a bad deal (probably). Keep in mind that just like any used vehicle, you've just bought someone else's problems. Expect the worst and then the only surprises will be good ones.
                            Yeah I am fine paying $600 I think it's a good deal IMO. I know for a fact that the vehicle runs and doesn't burn any oil (that I could see) no blue smoke on startup.

You make a good point there about expecting the worst. I've bought used vehicles before so I know how that goes lol

Comment

Going to pick the bike up this weekend (neither of us had ramps to get it into my truck) I will get some pics then!

Comment

Kat

Hey Brian, Just signed up on the site too............Got my Kat 4 weeks ago and love it. I'm in the LV too up on airport road.

Comment

Working...
                                X