X

noob problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob problems

this is my first bike its an 05 750 and im hopig someone has this same problem or maybe its just me. when i down shift to stop it has a problem going into first but its only once in a while. if i rock it itll click in. the other issue is when i start it i use the choke itll be around 5 grand. then i take off the choke and itll idle down to under a grand. after riding for about 20 min itll idle at around 2 grand. the bike did sit for a year before i bought it. any help would be appreciated

The shifting is normal. You should probably be in second as you come to a stop. Then, go to first once you are almost stopped (like under 15 mph). When at a dead stop, it sometimes does take rolling the bike a little to get it into first. Nothing strange there either.

You do not want to idle with the choke that high. You want to be in the 2k-3k range with the choke. And only for maybe a minute, tops. Once the bike is warmed up, you should be idle around 1100-1200. Luckily, it doesn't sound like you are too far off. Just turn the idle adjuster screw on the side of the bike while the bike is warm to adjust your idle up slightly.
    Extra life.

Comment

thanks for the advice i was freaking thinking there was something wrong with my trans

Comment

I found that mine shifts better with amsoil compared to conventional oil. That isn't too expensive to try to se if it helps.
        2004 Honda ST1300
        1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Higher the idle ,clunkyer the shift....
          I'm outa here

Comment

Check the clutch cable make sure it is adjusted properly. Synthetic oils can help, but the can also cover up the root problem.

As for the high idle, you may want to get your carbs checked out. If the RPMs go up after it is warm there could be an air leak or other issues.
            Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Working...
            X