X

Engine died...??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine died...??

Hey all I know I'm posting a lot but I have a lot of questions and no answers haha. So new story, I got the crack patched on the carb put some gas in her and got her fired up. After messing with the idle screw and getting it idling at around 2000 I go to ride her. Put her in first, start letting out of the clutch and I'm coasting and I go to fully release the clutch and she dies. Ok I fig I just let the clutch out a little early no big. But now she won't seem to start. I think it's my batterey because the power goes off after a whole of trying to start her. But web it was fired up wouldn't the alternator keep the batterey charged? Or is it such a crud batterey it's just going to die anyway? I'm not sure what to do plz help.

Originally posted by Castleninja View Post
    Hey all I know I'm posting a lot but I have a lot of questions and no answers haha. So new story, I got the crack patched on the carb put some gas in her and got her fired up. After messing with the idle screw and getting it idling at around 2000 I go to ride her. Put her in first, start letting out of the clutch and I'm coasting and I go to fully release the clutch and she dies. Ok I fig I just let the clutch out a little early no big. But now she won't seem to start. I think it's my batterey because the power goes off after a whole of trying to start her. But web it was fired up wouldn't the alternator keep the batterey charged? Or is it such a crud batterey it's just going to die anyway? I'm not sure what to do plz help.

If the battery is shot, the bike won't start or run right, and won't charge right.

You need a good battery with the proper output.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Then what could the problem be because it did start? Or now it's shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Castleninja View Post
        Then what could the problem be because it did start? Or now it's shot?

You should test the battery, and that will answer your question.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you can download the manual from the wiki above to help you out.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks guys I got a new batterey and so far it's running like a champ just can't figure out the high idle issue.

Comment

Working...
            X