X

Looking For Chain And Sprocket Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Chain And Sprocket Help

I need to buy a new chain and sprockets, I need to know where i can get a good deal on good parts. I only have about $130-150 to spend.
    1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

check in the katrider store, right next to the wiki

apologize... just checked, didn't know steves stopped selling chains atm.
    Last edited by cintidude04; 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Kat store is actually a little more expensive than others i have looked at and dont sell chains anymore.

sigpic

Comment

You won't get a decent set of sprockets AND a chain for only $150. You can buy crappy chinese parts that you'll be lucky if they last one season.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

personally I got my EK chain and vortex sprockets at www.indysuperbike.com under 170 on sale at the time.sure they got a sale goin on now
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks, ill check it out.

sigpic

Comment

I scored a brand new DID chain on ebay for $60.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Parts unlimited

Back sprocket 2 teeth bigger, front one smaller, and a nice o-ring chain . Worked great for me for more pick up outa hole i think the chain was 80$ and the front was 10$ and back was 20$

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  You won't get a decent set of sprockets AND a chain for only $150. You can buy crappy chinese parts that you'll be lucky if they last one season.
                  If you go 520 you might...
                  But the point is, you buy a cheap set and you'll buy it twice..

Comment

Yea I've been searching around eBay and other places, found an O ring chain for 50, and even if it only lasts me a year, its %200 better than the chain I have on the old girl right now. If i could afford to buy a decent set right now, I would. But going to school and only getting a shy amount of cash each month i can only afford a cheaper set for now. Ill take a look on parts unlimited for those sprockets
                    Last edited by 6Kat; 03-01-2011, 01:07 AM.

sigpic

Comment

so where, and whats a good chain an sprocket kit? and costs?

ive got 18xxx miles on my stock chain and sprocket, and am too in the same boat as the OP i think 18000 miles on the stock chain/sprocket is well about the end of its life right? lolol

yeah i think its time ta change, i came across this in the forum here, http://scrmotorcycles.com/katanaproducts.html
                      but is it worth it?? seems like a good price on my budget.... but will it last? i will be doing ALOT of highway back an fourth riding this summer... what tooth ratio should i stick with or try out?
                      i hear stock 15F/47R is what to stick with...

any hoot thought id throw my 2 cents in and maybe get some insights

also found this one on fleabay
                      Last edited by Ana-Katana; 03-01-2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: .

Happiness
                      Is a
                      Warm Gun.

Comment

Stock on a kat 600 for 90-97 is 14-45. or at least thats what i have found. And i saw that site as well, but i dont want to do the 520 conversion, just looking for replacement.

I did find this chain, What do you guys think? Well i guess it doesnt matter for now just cause i need something to replace mine for now, when i can afford to do so i will be replacing with better parts, Unless these prove to do good, then whats the point on spending triple the cost.

I also found a set of stock 14-45 sprockets for $35 shipped brand new never used i will be purchasing.

sigpic

Comment

Hey

Just like anything they got good stuff (high end), then they got ta regular plain jane, as long as u clean ur chain and keep her greased up you should get 3 years and still going as i am

Comment

That chain is chinese garbage. Stick to a manufacturer who has the balls to put their name on the product.

EK, RK, DID, AFAM, Renthal, Supersprox, hell even Vortex if you absolutely have to.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

112 links isn't enough. You'll need 118 for proper fitment.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X