Katana of the Month - January 2008  Erki

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks

Pics and Flicks Share your motorcycle pics and videos here.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Eagle8213
Squid

Default 06 Katana 600

this is my beuftiful Katana GXS600F 2006 with 2670miles on it. love this bike.

Last edited by Eagle8213; 02-21-2018 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Eagle8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
zuma
Kat King

Don't sweat it, pal. When I try to get pics to show up here, I can't even get a hockey puck with a minus sign. You're doing better than I can. Groove on.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Suerte
Katrider

Eagle, try to host the images on a different site. the "hockey puck" error is because the public doesn't have access to the image on the hosted site.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Eagle8213
Squid

Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
zuma
Kat King

Oh, my, my! As I suspected, that is exactly the same model and color bike I bought in West Texas a decade ago. Named her Little Wing, and of all seven bikes I owned during that time, the only bike I liked better was the 05 Kaw zzr1200. Hold onto that beauty. I'm blown away. I loved Little Wing, never should have traded her in. Ride safe....oooooh, Dallas traffic will keep you busy, I know that well. Groove on!
Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Eagle8213
Squid

thank you Zuma!!!! I'm really enjoying it... it runs smooth
Old 02-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
zuma
Kat King

I have ridden through and then back through Dallas on two occasions, both were trips taken from Wink (Odessa/Midland---West Texas) heading to and back home from the Dragon (North Carolina) for Katana Rider rallies back in 2009 and 2010. And between home and the Dragon, the only scary moments were those getting me through Dallas. But I learned.

First time, was on a Friday night in July riding with CenCalCat, a cool one from Los Banos, California. We went through on I-30 around 11 pm---not a good time to be on the road in Dallas. We made it, but there were several fast moments when we had our doubts.

I learned to come back through around 5 in the morning, and I had the highways to myself. The next summer I was on my own and went through on a Friday around supper time. That was after rush hour, and before everyone was good and drunk. Much better.

Then coming back through, I realized it was Friday night, that Dallas was an hour ahead of me, and it would be midnight. Not the best of times. So I stopped and slept on a picnic table at a roadside park near Mount Pleasant, then woke up with the sun, and got through Dallas before 6 that morning. No problem.

I bet that you have far more savvy than a West Texas high school English teacher would have had. But now I'm simply a guitar playing hippie who plays and sings in bars here in Colorado at least once a week and sometimes more. I don't ride anymore because of the dangers of random pot holes, tourists gawking at the mountains and not watching the road, and the wildlife. There are some animals here that you can hit that will come back and devour you.

I am glad to know that a bike exactly like my Little Wing (also the name Jimi Hendrix gave his white Fender Stratocaster) is running and grooving. It is a classic. You ride safely now! You wear gear all the time, right?

Dan
Old 02-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #8
Eagle8213
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I have ridden through and then back through Dallas on two occasions, both were trips taken from Wink (Odessa/Midland---West Texas) heading to and back home from the Dragon (North Carolina) for Katana Rider rallies back in 2009 and 2010. And between home and the Dragon, the only scary moments were those getting me through Dallas. But I learned.

First time, was on a Friday night in July riding with CenCalCat, a cool one from Los Banos, California. We went through on I-30 around 11 pm---not a good time to be on the road in Dallas. We made it, but there were several fast moments when we had our doubts.

I learned to come back through around 5 in the morning, and I had the highways to myself. The next summer I was on my own and went through on a Friday around supper time. That was after rush hour, and before everyone was good and drunk. Much better.

Then coming back through, I realized it was Friday night, that Dallas was an hour ahead of me, and it would be midnight. Not the best of times. So I stopped and slept on a picnic table at a roadside park near Mount Pleasant, then woke up with the sun, and got through Dallas before 6 that morning. No problem.

I bet that you have far more savvy than a West Texas high school English teacher would have had. But now I'm simply a guitar playing hippie who plays and sings in bars here in Colorado at least once a week and sometimes more. I don't ride anymore because of the dangers of random pot holes, tourists gawking at the mountains and not watching the road, and the wildlife. There are some animals here that you can hit that will come back and devour you.

I am glad to know that a bike exactly like my Little Wing (also the name Jimi Hendrix gave his white Fender Stratocaster) is running and grooving. It is a classic. You ride safely now! You wear gear all the time, right?

Dan

Wow!!! what an adventure you have here crossing Dallas. I know is really tough during rush hours and late weekend nights. if it was bad those days now is even worse!!!! so I always try to use back roads to have a safer ride! and Yes, I always use my gear ! Thanks for sharing part of your memories
Old 02-25-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
Lunatic
Katrider

eBay ID: gixer11r

You have a very nice, clean machine there. Take care of that one.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
Foreverever
Chicken Strip

I have the same exact bike! Maybe not exactly.. yours is a lot prettier than mine.
Bought it in Fort worth in August 2017 for $2500 had 8600 miles on it. Died on the way back to Frisco from For Worth.. didn't get it running properly until mid September. It's at 11,000+ miles now. It's my daily. Only time I don't ride it is in the rain because I don't have to gear for it, hah!
Its my first bike and only bike.
Foreverever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks