X

help with ties please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with ties please

96 600 with that said, I ride everyday back and forth to work about 100 miles a day, wet roads do not stop me, I need good gripping tires for wet and dry highways that I can put some miles on, most of my riding is on the highway and the set I have now I only got about 3500 miles out of my rear tire what do you guys think y'all probably have more experience with ties than I do and please explain why on the suggested tires

You mean tiRes? I run Michelin pr4. Michelin make the best out there, milage and grip.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+ infinity

I'm also commuting 100 miles/day, PR4 all the way. I just swapped my 1st front, got 24500 miles out of it. On my rear PR3 I got 18k miles. Excellent traction, good wear, loooong life.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        You mean tiRes?
        picky-picky
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Im thinking pr3 or pr4 what's the difference

Comment

Pr4 is designed specifically for turing bikes like the katana. Pr3 is the same but older design. Pr2 is more sport bike oriented.

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
            picky-picky
            Sorry, words have meanings. Could of offered a nice striped one..
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-18-2015, 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Try doing a search for PR4, PR3. LOTS of information available...

Comment

PR3 rear tire is medium compound down the center and soft on the sides. PR4 rear is hard compound in the center and medium sides. Both are excellent wet weather tires with great all around performance. I got 8500 miles out of my PR3's. I think that was really good since over 90% of my riding is in twisty mountain roads. I did have tread left in the centers of both tires but bald at lean angles. I am on PR4's now and love them. My Kat finds its way onto dirt roads also and the PR4's do well for being a street tire.

Comment

I think the Pilot Road 2 is still in production, and from what I remember is longer wearing mileage wise than the pr3 or pr4.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Pr4 is designed specifically for turning bikes like the katana. Pr3 is the same but older design. Pr2 is more sport bike oriented.

Sorry, words have meanings. Could of offered a nice striped one..
                    Yep, words have meaning!

Comment

As you can tell, the PR4's get alot of credit on this board. Been running them since early Feburary 2013. Put about 8k on the tires since and they aren't showing a single sign of wear (well, okay, they were flat-spotted in the middle but I did alot of highway heroing for 2 months) PR4s will last you a very long time and like mine will hold up well. I run mainly through 60-70mph Missouri-hilly twisties.

That being said, I have a friend running Q3 sportmaxes, and another running something I can't remember ATM but we all ride together and in the rain at times and none of us have had traction issues or complaints; no signs of wear either, although they swapped their tires in August.
                      - Purplehaze
                      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

I can get a set of pr4's for about $300 am I gonna be able to find them any cheaper any where else that seems like a good price to me

Comment

That's about what you'll pay for them.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

I got some pr4 they are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
                              Yep, words have meaning!
                              the phone did that..... And I'm sticking to that.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X