X

What are emulators for suspinsion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are emulators for suspinsion?

Just because I have no clue, what are they?

They emulate a cartridge type shock. Combine those with proper weighted springs and a quality resprung rear shock and you'll have a great handling KAT. I did, best upgrade I've ever done on the KAT-mobile.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Emulators are tunable valves that sit on top of the damping rods and are held in place with the main springs. This makes them both simple to install and completely tunable for all conditions and rider preferences.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thank you guys, those are super cool. Looks like I know what the next upgrade for the bike is.

Comment

Just so you know what you're getting into, check this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90203

Great write up on how to install the emulators. The brazing isn't too bad. To get the full benefit, you should be prepared to spend a little time testing, then pulling them out and adjusting (very easy to do) and putting them back in and testing some more.

If you do the emulators and get the spring rates for your weight, it'll make the front suspension much better. That will highlight how mushy the rear suspension is if you haven't done anything to it. If you haven't, then you may want to consider that as soon as you do the front and ride the bike, you'll want to do the rear as well.

It does make the Kat MUCH nicer. As a result of my experiences with the RaceTech products, I'm about to get emulators for a CRF150F that I'm setting up for racing.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X