X

Where can I find a old school Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a old school Kat?

Though I'm new to motorcycles, I just can't take my eyes off of the earlier Katanas I just love the way they're designed but then again, so does many people on this site. How and where can I find one. I've checked the usual places(eBay,cycletrader) but to no avail. can anyone help me?
    "cuz when the road feels too long I'll still be holding on I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong" Exile-Indestructible/The Next Door (Theme from Street Fighter IV)

Originally posted by jt-kat View Post
    Though I'm new to motorcycles, I just can't take my eyes off of the earlier Katanas I just love the way they're designed but then again, so does many people on this site. How and where can I find one. I've checked the usual places(eBay,cycletrader) but to no avail. can anyone help me?
    Send Mojoe a pm, i think he was selling, i believe an 83, from the pictures it looks really nice.He's a decent guy,IMO, who wont screw you over.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

The're out there but finding one you're willing to pay for is the trick. There is constantly one or two on ebay, some nicer than other but most usually going for around $3500-5500 if they're in good shape. I bought a roller for less than a third of that since I was planning a full build for it anyway and tearing into a good condition stocker would have felt like a sin. I also waited about 2 years to find the right bike at the right price. They're out there but realize they came to the US for about 3 yrs (non pop ups anyway) and many got gobbled up by drag racers. Mojoe would be a good lead on your side of the country. I know someone in Portland near me thats selling an 83 fully restored for about $4500. Hope that helps in some way.

Comment

They are hard to find, it took me about 3-4 years to find my '82 1000SZ (mostly stock). Most that come up are so far over-priced that you hate to ride them after the deal is done. The only one that I've seen for sale is in Portland OR. Keep your eyes on ebay, craigslist, etc. they do turn up.
        GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

for the right price, I would let my 82 1100 go to a good home, but I am not actively selling my pride and joy.
          If you want a 85 750 pop-up...I might be able to help you there.

Comment

I sold my stock (except for exhaust) GS1000SZ for $4000. Luckily the new owner is local, so that I can still see her. Seller's remorse!
            http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/GIABLO-MOTO/ '82 GSX1000SZ Modified, '82 GSX1100EZ, '83 GSX1100SD soon to be a Superbike, '97 Moto Guzzi 1100i Sport, '02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura

Comment

have you tried craigslist.com
              maybe near you

actilly not a bad looking bike
              Last edited by tankman1331; 03-02-2008, 06:20 PM.
              02 Suzuki Katana 750
              05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I have a 400 for sale in AZ. It's identical to the 82 1000 except it's 400 cc, watercooled, and better brakes and suspension. Accepting any reasonalble offer and I mean any! Email me at [email protected] for the details.

Comment

Vintage Kat

This is one in my neck of the woods that's for sale... but I have not had the opportunity to check it out yet... I will try to do so this weekend and post my findings on the list. I don't need another... 2 is enough. I would like to get a nice solid "Popup" someday to work on.

Comment

Classic Katana Owners of NA

For those who have not joined our group please contact me at [email protected] - only old school Kats

Ted
                    Ride Smart - Live Long

Comment

There is a guy at GSR forum selling his '83 1100. He's asking $3,700.00, only thing he has listed for a location is Quebec.
                      GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Køb billig motorcykel og billige motorcykel reservedele. Alle annoncer for MC og MC-dele samlet.

in denmark though.. but thought i would post it anyway...

~$5500

Comment

I have a friend selling a '82 550 Katana. It's in good shape for the year. He's asking $2500.

Bike is located in Wisconsin. PM me if interested and I can get you some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by krausen View Post
                            I have a friend selling a '82 550 Katana. It's in good shape for the year. He's asking $2500.

Bike is located in Wisconsin. PM me if interested and I can get you some pics.
                            $2500 for a 550...seriously. Think he's a bit high considering the 550's weren't nearly as desireable as the 750/1000/1100s

Comment

its an 89 from ny
                              02 Suzuki Katana 750
                              05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X