X

**Oil Pressure/Light After Engine Rebuild And Engine Mods**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Oil Pressure/Light After Engine Rebuild And Engine Mods**

First of all I have a 1989 GSX600F Katana. I have made a post about this in the past but decided to repost and include all the info on my bike so I make sure to start with the right fix. Again ahead of time thank you all for your help!!!

After an engine rebuild with new piston rings/valves gaskets valve adjustment etc. I had my oil light coming on when my engine was running below 4500 rpm. I replaced my battery and sychned my carbs and now its coming on at about 3800 and below. I also have aftermarket Headers/exhaust and pods. I have not rejetted the carbs on the bike. Could this have anything to do with the oil pressure? If so what size jets should go in it? Or what jet kit? Stage 1 or 2?? If that would not cause it what is the next easiest cheapest fix that it could be?? I dont believe it would be the pump it-self or it would not be getting any pressure at all correct? Any and all input and info on the oil light and jet kit would be greatly apperciated!!!!!

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!![/b]

The answers have no changed since the last time you asked this question.

Either your pressure switch is bad (doubious since it's lighting up at a specific RPM), or your oil pump is bad (likely), or your oil pressure control valve in the oil pan is blocked or defective. But if you don't fix it, you'll be doing another rebuild or seeking another engine soon, for sure.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X