X

What is this called???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this called???

Hello everyone just need to know what this is called and how do i get i out without breaking anything..i did a search for black fairing clip thingy but nothing can up so i figure i find out what the name is...

"Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

It's just a fastener. PUSH the button in the middle of the head....or was it PULL..

Comment

it was pull junior and thanks for the quick response...thanks for the help in the shout box guys i found out it is called a 2 piece fastener..problem is taken care of luv this site...
      "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Everytime I take my fairings off I manage to snap off a couple. Pisses me off to no end, and I had no idea what to call them.

I went to LA Cyclesports and showed it to the parts guy. He said, "Yeah, they come in packs of 6". He went back and got me two packs. When he came back I asked him what they were called. "We just call 'em "G'DamnMotherF____rs."
        sigpic

Comment

I carry a bunch of spares of those, just order them whenever I run low with something else I need... Word is that HomeDepot now carries them too, according to one of our members. For parts that are not visible from the outside (such as the bottom center windscreen mounting hole), I use zip-ties instead -- they hold tighter, are dirt cheap and I don't feel bad simply cutting them away.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

actualyl the ones at home depot are not exactly the same.. at least the home depots around here... I needed one for the rear plastics..

Pulling will work.. but you can push the little button in the middle and it can then be popped out as well.. then reset it by pulling the middle back out for using it the right way... i learned that the hard way.
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I finally found in my Haynes where is says to push the middle button in. I too learned the hard way. Those things were pissing me off.

Comment

Swwet thanks for all the help it is greatly appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                X