X
X

What Year R6 Shock Do I Need For A Pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best mod I have done performance wise to my bike! THANK YOU T MOD!!

Comment

im about to buy a r6 shock for my bike will the 03 red r6s shocks work or should I just go with a yellow 08? and tmod pm me info on how I can get the bushings ill paypal you asap!

Comment

Originally posted by jersyboyy View Post
        im about to buy a r6 shock for my bike will the 03 red r6s shocks work or should I just go with a yellow 08? and tmod pm me info on how I can get the bushings ill paypal you asap!

While the 08+ normally has a yellow spring, it's not the spring color that is most important. It's the length/adjustability for one, and 2... the resevior on the shock. If it's not the right shape and location, it won't fit on your bike without some major mods.

The 08+ version has been confirmed to fit right.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          While the 08+ normally has a yellow spring, it's not the spring color that is most important. It's the length/adjustability for one, and 2... the resevior on the shock. If it's not the right shape and location, it won't fit on your bike without some major mods.

The 08+ version has been confirmed to fit right.

Krey
          I want to add to this.The 07 and older shocks have the res higher up and hits the frame shock mount.I am unsure if there are any differences in length compared to 08+.
          I am the one "THEY" call Ben.
          http://maniccycles.blogspot.com/
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manic-...69358576434069

Comment

will the 03 red r6s shocks work
            No.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have no problem doing modifications to make it fit I already ordered it either way where can i get the bushings and do you know what mods need to be done to make it fit?
              thanks in advance

Comment

I have no problem doing modifications to make it fit I already ordered it either way where can i get the bushings and do you know what mods need to be done to make it fit?
                thanks in advance
                Your new 03 shock has the wrong end on it and also has a reservoir that will not fit into the opening of the swingarm. I wish you luck on this one.

Oh no bushings needed as the end is wrong anyway.

Tmod

Comment

Does any one have a picture of what the proper shock looks like. I ordered a 03 red shock but the bottem of it is a male end when it should be a female.
                  im looking for a correct shock so i still need the bushings though
                  Last edited by jersyboyy; 04-03-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Does any one have a picture of what the proper shock looks like. I ordered a 03 red shock but the bottem of it is a male end when it should be a female.
                    Did you happen to look at the first post in this thread?

Tmod

Comment

Does any one have a picture of what the proper shock looks like.
                      I think this is what you may be looking for, and as Tmod said, the pic is also in his first post at the very begining!

Try searching the marketplace on the R6 forums
                      Last edited by Eastern Bloc; 04-03-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Regarding spring color, someone on the gstwins.com forum (this shock is becoming the popular replacement shock on GS500's, as it offers more adjustability than the Kat 600 shock which was the old standard.) got it straight from Yamaha that there is no weight rating difference between the colors. Certain color springs were matched with certain paint schemes solely for aesthetic reasons.

Someone upthread mentioned not having seen an '08 R6 shock with a red spring. I'm holding one in my hand right now.
                        If you can't be a good example, at least try to be a horrible reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by dougdoberman View Post
                          Regarding spring color, someone on the gstwins.com forum (this shock is becoming the popular replacement shock on GS500's, as it offers more adjustability than the Kat 600 shock which was the old standard.) got it straight from Yamaha that there is no weight rating difference between the colors. Certain color springs were matched with certain paint schemes solely for aesthetic reasons.

Someone upthread mentioned not having seen an '08 R6 shock with a red spring. I'm holding one in my hand right now.
                          I could care less about the shock issue, but thats a gorgeous dobey...I'm jealous...
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I finally got a 08 r6 shock that had a silver springand it works perfect feels so much better with me being a 210lbs rider and the bike looks alot better Even made my own bushings
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is there a difference between the '08 R6 and the '08 R6S? I have a 93 Kat and I'd really like to upgrade the rear shock.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by everready View Post
                                Is there a difference between the '08 R6 and the '08 R6S? I have a 93 Kat and I'd really like to upgrade the rear shock.

Al
                                Yes,one has the clevice end that our bike needs and the other has a rod end style that won't work with out bikes.Well,not easily.Just a little fabrication work.
                                I am the one "THEY" call Ben.
                                http://maniccycles.blogspot.com/
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manic-...69358576434069

Comment

Working...
                                X