No announcement yet.
X

Having trouble fitting Gauges in Dash!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble fitting Gauges in Dash!

What is the trick to get the gauges back into the dash? I have searched and can't find anything to help. The specific problem is the rubber surround around the gauges will not go onto the plastic dash...Am I missing something?

Thanks for your reply!

Make sure nobody routed your wire harness wrong, mine went over instead of under and after I re-routed, then it fit fine. It would let the panel sit at the right angle for the rubber to seat. That's the only thing I can think of.........
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by FreeKat View Post
      Am I missing something?
      Why yes, yes you are........ what year are we talking?
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

This thread makes me gag. This was the longest process of my life. I have since repressed the experience and cannot help you. Good luck!

Comment

The rubber piece has to be installed first, then the gauge. Could this be the problem?

Comment

make a custom gage mount thats what i did when i got frustrated

Comment

Its a 1992. I tried 50 different times to get the rubber surround to seat around the gauges....No luck!

Maybe pics will help show how far forward the gauges come up away from the plastic dash?!?

Comment

The lip on the rubber piece goes down and the gauge flange sits on top of the lip.

Comment

Working...
                X