Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Universal Handlebar Riser for 7/8 handlebar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Handlebar Riser for 7/8 handlebar?

Hey there,

Just saw a mod of removing the clip on and putting on handlebar riser with a 7/8 handlebar. Looks pretty good and easy to do, but was worry if this is really study.. The clip on are held by bolt and suspension tube. These riser just use a bolt... Sounds sketchy to me.

Have anyone done this and what do you think of it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6M24PnqnI&list=UUNNe7gMEHkW6laTrf_y3dqg& index=4]>>YouTube Video<<[/ame]
    Last edited by Highny; 05-14-2013, 11:54 PM.

i think that guy is a member on here. anyway, i think it's sturdy enough... as long as you have a good lock on the top clamp, it's no different than any other bike with that set up like a bandit, gs500, etc
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Comment

Even Harley's have a similar set up and I can't recall ever hearing of one vibrating the handlebars off.
      Seriously though, I really don't think it's an issue strength wise, just make sure everything is properly torqued when it is installed.
      “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
      -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
      1994 Katana 600

Comment

So turns out that this process is irreversible.... Now I'm pretty disappointed... Project to scrap.

Anyone want to buy parts? Haha....

Comment

CAnt see how it's irreversible. The stock handle bars mount with the through bolts in the upper triple tree. Those are the holes he drilled out for the larger 1/2" bolts. All you would need to do is drill the stock bar mounts out for a larger size bolt or run a reducer around the bolt to make up the extra space.

I can see this being reversible but just won't use the stock hardware.

You could also see if you could run a smaller bolt in the risers that fits into the stock holes in which you would prob need a reducer as well to fit in the riser snuggly.
          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

just buy another top trip.. The only other thing you have to change would be the brake line. I have 1 1/8 bars on my kat now.
            2005 Gsx600f- My baby
            1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
            Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

The stock bolt thread into the top triple tree so drilling out I would lose the threads. Thus irreversible. But I get what you mean. Mod the stock clip on and use more bolts. That's actually a really good idea! Goes to show how much thought I put into this project haha.

Surprisingly my lower back is getting used to the lean. Might have to go for an hour ride in the near future to see if my lower back really holds. At the mean time ill have on to those parts and see.

I went through so much trouble to get those darn 7/8 riser. Not getting rid of them too easily.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

I get that they are drilled out, but putting a bolt through with a nut on the end does the same thing. You wont see the nut on the underside anyway and it wont interfere with anything. Thats why I said if you drill it out its not the end of the world.

Oh and Im full of good ideas, problem solving is what I do well apparently. how many boosted katana's with carbs do you see or know of??!?

And thats what I putt putt around in Just gotta think outside of the box my man!
                Last edited by 91_gsx600F katana; 05-26-2013, 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Working...
                X