X

rough start/no start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough start/no start

Ok so I just want to put this out there for everyone and anyone that can help me out. I have literally cleaned everything in and on the carbs very well, and put them back together three times already. The one thing that is getting me all screwed up is the fuel screw that is just outside the float bowls, the one screw that the Haynes manual says not to touch and that it is set from factory. Well I did not read that before taking them all the way out to do a good cleaning. I can not for the life of me figure out how far in or out they are supposed to be. I was able to get the bike started and running, but it would never hold an idle longer than 3 mins. The bike is a 1992 GSXF 750 Katana that I had purchased a few weeks back for $500. I have put about $500 in parts towards the bike so far, but none of that went towards the carbs. I have tried many many many different configurations with the fuel screw and had it idling at 2k for about 3mins once and after would not start right off. Please anyone with any ideas feel free to either post a comment or pm me!!

I am in need of some desperate help but would like to do the work on my bike. I already have someone that I can send these out to but do not want to spend the cash (yes cheapskate or any other names, I know!).
    Just breath, step back, have a smoke, drink some coffee....... Now get back to work!!!

2.5 out from closed. Read carbs 101 in mechanics 101.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

ohh ok

Thanks, I just figured that out this morning but thank you for the reply.
      Just breath, step back, have a smoke, drink some coffee....... Now get back to work!!!

Comment

Working...
      X