KOTM May 2007 Court93Kat

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets

Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Old 03-08-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
Burgman
Chicken Strip

Default 98-02 GSXF front wheel code

Hi. I'm looking to fit a post 98 front wheel my 96 600.
Our local dismantlers are requesting the 3 letter wheel code to identify the rim.

Would any one with a 600 or 750 within the years of 98-02 with a 3.5in front wheel, be kind enough to post the wheel code?
Burgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
ZukiFred
Put a stick in it.
Supporting Member

October 05 KOTM

Is there a specific reason you want a post rim? If it is to fit the 120/70x17 tire of the post model it will mount to the pre rim you have.
ZukiFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Burgman
Chicken Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukiFred View Post
Is there a specific reason you want a post rim? If it is to fit the 120/70x17 tire of the post model it will mount to the pre rim you have.
I am planning fitting a 4.5" post rear wheel in the short term and are working on widening abother swingarm to take a 5.5" rear.
I would like the front rim to match ie have the straight spokes and if I'm changing I may as well.go for the wider rim.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:24 AM   #4
Lachie
Poser

Got a post 750 wheel in the shed (no I need it) closest to a 3 digit code on the wheel says "AJY"
and it's a MT 3.50 17 and has the speedo drive

Got a 5.5 in there to (no) which has a different code "BOA", so I n\guess that could be the codes your after Note this ones a 6 stud hub and harder to find sprockets for (well it is if you want to go 525 and standard gearing on a 750 closest final drive sprocket is a 46T but you'd probably want to go 15 - 42 with that motor)

If ya having trouble look up goodparts Rangiora, Simon might be able to help you I think he's got a post 750 wrecking
https://nzbikeparts.com/

I get a lot of stuff off him give him an email

Watch out post spokes are thicker and the calipers will hit.
Damn wish I read Kreys post about that before I found out the difficult way
The way Krey suggested was to space out the forks with a 1mm washer just to spread the forks a bit.

Last edited by Lachie; 03-09-2018 at 01:57 AM..
Lachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:01 AM   #5
Burgman
Chicken Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachie View Post
Got a post 750 wheel in the shed (no I need it) closest to a 3 digit code on the wheel says "AJY"
and it's a MT 3.50 17 and has the speedo drive

Got a 5.5 in there to (no) which has a different code "BOA", so I n\guess that could be the codes your after Note this ones a 6 stud hub and harder to find sprockets for (well it is if you want to go 525 and standard gearing on a 750 closest final drive sprocket is a 46T but you'd probably want to go 15 - 42 with that motor)

If ya having trouble look up goodparts Rangiora, Simon might be able to help you I think he's got a post 750 wrecking
https://nzbikeparts.com/

I get a lot of stuff off him give him an email

Watch out post spokes are thicker and the calipers will hit.
Damn wish I read Kreys post about that before I found out the difficult way
The way Krey suggested was to space out the forks with a 1mm washer just to spread the forks a bit.

Awsome thanks for that! thats the code i was after AJY. yes you are correct from the research i have done this rim will fit straight with the 1mm spacers.

I have tried simon he has nothing available at the moment, hes been very helpful though.

I have stuck to the 15/45 gearing and it seem to be about right. i am going to try going up to a 47 tooth to lift the rpm at 100kmph a little.

Cheers for the reply great help!!
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > Tire Talk, Chain & Sprockets